Chapter 1: School is my playground when i'm not speaking of an issue

I'm not speaking of an issue!

The moon was up and the stars were out and Alyssa had just woken up. She opened her eyes to the darkness that was illuminated around her room. Only a small light shone on her rainbow colored walls, and that light came from the moon. Alyssa turned around looked straight out the window and up at the stars. The moon was full and gave off a bright light that Alyssa was drawn to. She thought of the moon as another person stuck in the sky who's only duty was to push and pull the tides. She'd rather do that than be here with her drunk parents.Thinking of her parents, she remembered the beating her father had gave her and thought of how much her back still burned. She pictured her father throwing his arm back and forth as the belt whipped her. She could still feel the burn, and she knew the marks would be clearly visible if she were to pull up her shirt.

Alyssa got out of bed and threw on a long sleeved white shirt to hide the marks on her arms. She pulled on a black Beatles t-shirt over it. It had each beatle member, John Lennon on the upper left, Paul McCartney on the upper right, Ringo Starr on the bottom left, and George Harrison on the bottom right. She put on dark blue jeans and black converse. She loved the Beatles music and each movie they have ever done, her favorite was called Help!

After a few more minutes Alyssa went across the hall and into the bathroom. She dimmed the lights and stood in front of the mirror and brushed her black hair that came just beneath her shoulder blades. She stood there and looked at herself. Her face showed that she was calm but her brown eyes begged for help.

Almost immediately after making sure that she looked almost presentable, Alyssa flew out the front door wanting to get away from this hell hole that she called home. She made her way down the sidewalk and started walking towards her school. Alyssa knew that this was going to be a long walk considering she did it almost every week. She took out her Ipod and stuck her headphones in her ears. She listened to one of her favorite songs and gladly had it blasting through her ears; Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold.

Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen.

So unsure but it seems, 'cause we've been waiting for you.

Fallen into this place, just giving you a small taste.

Of your afterlife here so stay, you'll be back here soon anyway.

I see a distant light, but girl this can't be right.

Such a surreal place to see so how did this come to be,

Arrived too early.

And when I think of all the places I just don't belong,

I've come to grips with life and realize this is going too far.

I don't belong here, we gotta move on dear, escape from this afterlife.

'Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here.

A place of hope and no pain, perfect skies with no rain.

Can leave this place but refrain, 'cause we've been waiting for you.

Fallen into this place, just giving you a small taste.

Of your afterlife here so stay, you'll be back here soon anyway.

This peace on earth's not right (with my back against the wall).

No pain or sign of time (I'm much too young to fall).

So out of place don't wanna stay, I feel wrong and that's my sign.

I've made up my mind.

Give me your hand but realize I just wanna say goodbye.