Chapter 6 when alls said and done

When alls said and done

Alyssa slouched down onto her couch and clicked on the television. The screen was all black  and had soft music coming from the speakers. She had Direct TV so there were multiple channel that looked exactly like this one but had different generes of music. Alyssa decided to lay back and relax while she waited for Gavin to come back from his home. He had to go tell his mom where he had been all night and that he was okay. She's been really paranoid ever since Gavin's father died years ago, which to Alyssa, was pretty much understanable. Gavin's mother was afraid that Gavin would soon leave her too. While Alyssa sat there, she flipped on her side and closed her eyes to fall asleep.

About half an hout later, Gavin made his way back to Alyssa's house. He thought about his mom the whole way while he was driving. It's been seven years since the death of his father and he only wished that some of that tension would slowly cease. Gavin had told his mom that for the next month he'd ne with Alyssa so he wouldn't be around all too much. He wasn't neccessarily lying to her, actually now that he thought about it, he wasn't lying to her at all.

Gavin stepped out of his car and walked inside the house. He put his keys into his pocket and looked up searching for Alyssa. He spotted her sleeping peacefully on the sofa. He smiled at the sight; strands of her long black hair was tangled over her face and her body was cuddled up into a small ball. Gavin felt his stomach growl as he lifted up his arm to check the time on his silver rolex watch, 4:58. Gavin walked over to the kitchen and looked arouind i the cabinets. He searched for all different spices and different types of food. He carefully studied the kitchen and where everything was. Within a matter of minutes, he was throwing things together to make a wonderful aroma that drifted through the house.

******************

Alyssa awoke to one of her favorite songs playing, You shook me all night long by ac/dc. She sat up and looked around. She seen a light that came from the kitchen. It was then that she smelt a pleasant smell tickle through her nose. She rose up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen. Alyssa peered over the counter top and saw Gavin working at the stove. She silently stood there watching him move,stir, and mix the ingredients inside the pan. "Mhhhm, smells good."  She said with her eyes closed, slowly breathing in the smell. Gavin jumps a little and smiles.

"I know," He winks.

"Looks like someone doesn't know how to take a compliment." Alyssa smirked. Gavin laughs ignoring her comment.

"Does this mean you're not hungry?" He asks.

"Oh no, not at all. In fact, I'm starving." Alyssa's says licking her lips,

"Great."

"Well what did you make?" She ask, her curiousity radiating off of her body.

"Just your everyday rice with chicken. But better than average." He answers with another wink. Alyssa laughs, walking over and sitting down at the round glass table. Gavin walksover and places one of the two plates right in front of Alyssa. He takes a seat across from her and starts to eat. Alyssa takes a big forkful of food and puts it into her mouth.

"Holy smokes!" She exclaims, "This is amazing!" Gavin laughs showing his pearly white teeth. "Thanks."

"Where did you learn how to cook like that?" Alyssa questions.

"My parents. They both use to own a resturant; they were great chefs." Gavin answered smiling at the memory of how excited his parents were when they first got the resturant.

"Amazing" She smiled

Alyssa looked down and started to concentrate on the magnificent plate of food that was thoughtfully prepared for her. Gavin watched her for a mmoment and thought back a few years ago. He was only eleven when his parents owned the resturant. His mother and father used to always take him there and tell him all their secrets and show him how to prepare different dishes with just that "right touch." As smile rose upon Gavin's face as her remembered these times. He also remembered of how his mom gave up the resturant when his father had died. She said there was no point in having the resturant without the whole family and his father was a big part of it; they all were. Just thinking about it made Gavin a little teary eyed. Gavin blinked a few times and took a slow, steady deep breath, being sure to not let Alyssa hear him. He stood up from the table and looked at Alyssa. Alyssa took her focus from eating and looked up at Gavin with confused eyes.

"Excuse me," Gavin calmly with an assuring smile.

************

"Gavin! No! Gavin! Stop!" Alyssa playfully squealed as she felt Gavin trying to pull her into the salty ocean water below. Wiggling and laughing, Alyssa falls into the water bringing Gavin with her. They both resurfaced and quickly caught their breaths. "Just to let you know, I never go down alone." She scolded. "One day i'll be successful," Gavin promises. "Wooh!" Alyssa yelps jumping up and immediately clinging to Gavin's body. "I STEPPED ON ONE OF THOSE.....those....Well I forgot what they are called." She says tightly hugging Gavin. "It's okay, It won't kill you or anything like that." Gavin laughs. "Come on let's get out of this water." Alyssa's says trying to tugg Gavin to shore. They stand up on the sand and Gavin lifts Alyssa onto his back while walking over to his beach towel.

"Gosh Alyssa!" You're fat!" Gavin says wobbling.

"No I'm not!" She scoffs playfully. "Besides, if I was wouldn't you-----!" Alyssa squeals as Gavins knees purposefully give out. Gavin falls on his back as Alyssa topples over him.

"Uh, I think I beg to differ." Gavin laughs.

"Pfft..." Alyssa says looking away. "I am not." She whispers. "Am I?" She asks knowing his answer.

"No. Of course not." Gavin says his smile slightly fading. " Has anyone ever told you otherwise?" He asked.

"Only every other day of my life." She muttered under her breath.

"Well I think you're beautiful. I like you just the way you are." He says looking into her eyes and she smiles.

*******************

Night falls and Alyssa just got out of the shower. She walks out of the bathroom and throws her clothes into a hamper in her room. She walks around and finds Gavin outside on the balcony. Gavin stars up at the stars and Alyssa could tell that Gavin was thinking of something really important. She took a minute and thought back to dinner; Gavin suddenly got up and left excusing himself. She remembered looking at his face and his eyes were slightly watery. She wondered if it was something that she said but couldn't remember her saying anything offensively. Her curiousity got the best of her and she stepped into the balcony space next to him.

"Hey," She spoke softly.

"What's up?" Gavin said looking at her smiling softly. She seen that his eyes were slightly red.

"It's your father isn't it?" She asked whispering without thinking. She hoped it wouldn't offend him.

"What?" Gavin asked slightly embarrassed that he's been caught.

"It's why you left the dinner table so immediately. And it's why your eyes our red, isn't it? You're thinking about your father?" She softly stated.

"Uh, yea." He softly laughed.

"I'm sorry, Gavin." 

"Don't sweat it. It's not your fault." He assured.

"Yea..." Alyssa looked down. "I hope it doesn't....well..." She stopped.

"No, it's fine. I'm glad you cared enough to ask." He softly smiled. Alyssa stepped closer to Gavin and gave him a hug. "Thanks." He said. Gavin looked down at Alyssa smiling softly and laced his fingers through hers. Without thinking, Gavin leaned down and placed a kiss right upon her lips. "A lot." He said.