Chapter 7

'Did that guy just wink at you.Joshua will have his head.' I whispered when we passed a fair boy with a huge smirk directed at Anulika, ' actually he'll have Joshua's head if he knew I like Joshua, Tobe is a very jealous boyfriend.' Anulika said and I stared at her speechless, ' you have a boyfriend?' I asked.' Of course, there are at least fifty couples in the set. Why are you so surprised. Didn't people date in your old school in SS2. Tobe and I have been together since SS1 second term.' Anulika said staring at me.' Actually no the only men in my former school were teachers and security men. All girls school. Ive never actually had a boyfriend.' I said and Anulika's eyes widened. 'All girls school. God forbid, They have lesbians there ewww.' Anulika said.' Yes actually, irritating girls, but forget that,why do you have a crush on Joshua if you are dating Tobe.' I asked.' Tobe is boring joor and he's been disgusting lately and I can't break up with him.' Anulika said, her fair skin turning red.' Is Fiyin dating anybody'. I asked guessing she didnt want to talk about Tobe now.' Fiyin date someone ke. No girl will date him now sef. Fiyin does not date anymore ask him why. But he has kissed more girls than any boy.' Anulika said and I laughed.' Have you kissed him before.' I asked and Anulika rolled her eyes.' He was my boyfriend in JS3. So duh.' Anulika said and my eyes wanted to pop out. Fiyin and Anulika. Who would have guessed. 'Awwn why did you break up. And now you guys are acting like you can't stand each other, when you used to exchanged saliva.' I said and Anu punched me.' I broke up with him because I thought I wasnt resuming here in SS1.' Anulika said ' awwwn that's really cute so you still liked him when you came in SS1 abi' I smiled and she glared at him. 'Abeg he grew muscles, packs and more handsome and he started in his stupid player ways.' Anulika said.' Sounds like you were jealous. I can just imagine if you still miss him sometimes. You are in love with three boys, oga at the top .' I said.' Do you know your cousin's boyfriend.' Anulika said changing the subject and I smiled.' Lota has a boyfriend, nawa ooh. Is this school or matchmaking house.' I said.' Yes Nonso Okoli he's Mr Darlington's nephew. And dont worry I'm definitely going to be your own matchmaker.' Anulika said.' No thank you. I know you to well already and I don't want to fall in love with three boys.' I said.' Hmm class is starting' Anulika said not wanting to talk about that subject.
'I'm going to talk to Lota. See you tomorrow,' I said to Anulika and Fiyin after school. I couldn't help smiling at Fiyin when I saw him. They'll really look good together.' Sha forget your sport wear for PE tomorrow, before you'll be smiling like something.' Fiyin said and I laughed.' Bye' I said and left.
'Oh my god' I blurted immediately I entered her class and saw her sitting between Nonso's legs with his arms around her shoulder. She laughed as he whispered something in her ear.' Oh Kaima, Nonso meet my cousin the new girl' Lota said not bothering to leave Nonso. 'Oh, Joshua already introduced me to her. Wow you guys are cousins. She barely looks Igbo, what is it that Fiyin calls you, err melanin right.' He laughed. He had a pretty deep voice.' Yes Fiyin is an idiot.' I said and he smiled. 'Babe I'll see you later I think your cousin is waiting for you.' Nonso said and pecked her cheek before leaving. 'So you can have a boyfriend ehn. You that is always saying boys are disgusting.' I said sitting beside her in the front chairs and she laughed.' Boys are disgusting apart from Nonso and Joshua.' Lota said.' Why Joshua,' I asked.' He's my bestie' Lota said leaving me speechless. The relationships around here were so surprising.' So how is your face. Joshua told me that Anulika told him that Jidenna mistakenly splashed you with Ammonia, that's why you loosened your hair right, see it's still shining like ki lo de (what happen).' Lota said 'Yes, but it was an accident.' I said but Lota did not look convinced. 'Ahn ahn, are you saying he splashed my face to purposely hurt me.' I asked.'of course.but not to hurt you, only to get your attention.' Lota said and I laughed.' If I hear! Jidenna hates me. Abi didn't Joshua tell what happened on the first day. He just eyed me and left immediately he heard my name.' I said.' See ehn, baby girl. Jidenna and I joined this school on the same day in SS1 and we were each other's first friends before Fiyin became his bestie and Joshua mine.' Jidenna is cool, calm and collected. He doesn't need to seek attention, it's already there cause he's half white and he's gorgeous on top of it. So if Jidenna is seeking attention I know.' Lota said.' Abeg let's stop talking about him joor'. I said pretty embarrassed. 'Ok ohh. So anyway you are in my room. I saw the information on Ms Coker's laptop when she called me she's the hostel house mistress for blue house. But the general hostel mistress is Mrs Bankole. Gosh I can't believe you're coming to our boarding house.' Lota said and I smiled.'I should be going now before my mum starts calling.' I said.' Ok bye' Lota said and she left obviously in a hurry to return to Nonso. I got my bag and walked out. Sure enough, the hallway was quiet. 'Hey' I heard behind me in a low voice and I could guess who it was.' Can I help you.' I turned to Jidenna thinking of what Lota told me.' I'm guessing you've miscalculated your periods arrangements .' He said coldly. Did this guy apologise this morning. 'I'm pretty sure school is over. So all the periods are over.' I said, convinced that Lota was right about him seeking my attention. 'Unfortunately, I wasn't talking about that period.' Jidenna said staring at me as I realised what he meant. Touching the back of my short uniform skirt and I felt warm liquid. Did Jidenna just confirm I was on my period and now my skirt was stained with blood,you ask. Yes he did. My dark face almost turned red with embarrassment. I stood there completely unsure of what to do,I stood in front of him,staring at the ground hoping it would swallow me. Talk about most embarrassing moment of my life.' Hey,' he said snapping his fingers in front of me and I slowly looked up to see him pulling his blue hooded jumper and handing it to me while I stared at it. Finally with a sigh, he put it behind me and tied it round my waist then left while I stared at his back and his cardigan round my waist.

A/n well,well,well. What did you guys think. The Kaima and Jidenna moment. Do you think Lota is right about Jidenna seeking Kaima's attention or does he really hate her. How about Anulika, think she'll look better with Fiyin or Joshua. Tell me. Drop your suggestions. comment and make a certain white star orange
Xoxo