Chapter Two: Break

Here's the next chapter.
I would really like to know what you think of those first chapters. There are coming some more. Please offer ideas, I'm open and glad to hear from you ❤️
Have fun 😊

——————————————

Kageyama POV
I heard Coach Ukai talk about new tactics and some moves we could adjust but it didn't get to my brain. I had a killer headache and with my adrenaline shrinking with every second I could feel a slight ache in my muscles. I knew something was off and my body tries to tell me what but I ignore it. There was no way I could take a break now. It was just impossible.
I close my eyes and concentrate on breathing. I need to calm down.
"Kageyama!", the screaming of the little dumbass broke my concentration and my eyes snap open.
The break was over. The players are back on the court. I nearly jump up and regret it immediately because for a moment everything goes black and I feel myself sway. A warm hand steadies me.
"Kageyama?"
Without looking up I can tell that it was Suga-senpai.
"I just stood up to fast.", I explain, even before he can ask me what happened.
"Tell me if you don't feel well, ok?"
"Yes.", I couldn't look into his eyes.
"Promise me."
A shiver runs down my spine. This voice lets no room for any arguments. So I look up and into his grey eyes. "I promise I will tell.", I say as convincingly as possible.
He sighs but I can see him relax a little.
"Then go! They are waiting for you!", he encourages me and gives me a lovingly clap on the back of my head.
"Yes! I will do my very best!", then I run out in the court.
Easier said, then done. The break wasn't good for me. My rhythm was gone and my concentration as well. Come on Tobio. One set. You can do it. If you win this one set , then the game is set.
But my plan didn't worked as well as I had hoped.

Hinata POV
Jump! Jump! I need to jump! I run and jump to spike one of Kageyama fast tosses but their is no toss. I look to Kageyama but I can only see the back of his head. He stand Stil and tosses rather slowly to Tanaka. That's the moment I realize there is something wrong with Kageyama.
I keep my eyes on Kageyama. His movements are slow and kinda sluggish.
When we are up to block the next spike I can hear his fast breathing, feel the warmth radiating of of him and see his tired eyes. They still fly around and try to and analyze but his body can't follow anymore.
On really strong spike from Mad-Dog-chan throws Kageyama off balance and he tumbles down to the floor. Shortly after him the ball bounces of the floor. The referee whistles. Match point to Aoba Johsai. Second Set to Aoba Johsai.
I turn around to Kageyama. He still sits on the floor, breathing heavy. His black bangs hide his eyes but I can see the red flush on his cheeks.
Actually I wanted to be angry at him and scream he he could let a ball like that go past him. But at the sight of him so exhausted and down I couldn't bring myself to be angry.
"Come on! There is still the next set. We will get it back Bakayama!"

Kageyama POV
I took the hand Hinata extends to me and he helps me to my feet. The sudden change in position an my exhaustion make me dizzy and I sway. I feel a second hand on my back. I don't need to look to know that it is Suga-senpai.
"Hinata. I need to talk to Kageyama setter to setter.", he says and I hear Hinata walk away.
Suga-senpai now stand right in front of me. "Kageyama talk to me."
"I...", I can't find the words to express what's going on. So I only lay my head on his shoulder and say "Sorry. I think I need a break."
"All right.", he smiles and together we walk over to the bench. I sit down and wish I never had to stand up again.
Suga-senpai sits down next to me. He wraps his arm around me and I feel myself start to shiver.
"I will tell the coach that we want to switch. All right?", he asks with a voice that leaves no room for protest. So I just nod. If I'm honest I doesn't think I was able to play another set. My legs were shaking, my arms felt heavy and I could barely think straight in the state I was in I was no use for my team to win this game. So I wasn't worth it to stand on the court. Those are my own words, so why did they hurt so much? Wasn't it true? Even thought I know I was useless right now I still want to go out there and play. Is that how Hinata felt?
"Kageyama?", Suga-senpais Voice brought me back.
"Yes?" I look up and meet his grey eyes. They were full of concern.
"Are you all right?"
"Yes."
"Drink some water and wear your jacket, so you don't get to cold. Do you need anything else? The third set will start soon."
"I'm alright."
I see him smile and then he walks over to the others and leaves me to myself.