Chapter 8

Today was my discharge day and I was super excited to be leaving the hospital. Taylor had come in earlier this morning to bring my flowers and gifts out to his car, my car was a total wreck. Him and I hadn't really spoken ever since the night of the accident. He didn't seem mad, but then again you could never really read a person.

Before we left I knelt down on the ground next to my bed, I did the sign of the cross and said some prayers.

When I finished, Taylor spoke up, "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yep just saying a quick prayer, God didn't want me to die and I wanted him to look over this room. I mean I have to thank him for soemthing," I shrugged and walked out of the room.

I thanked the doctor giving him a good handshake. I walked to the elevator with Taylor hot on my heals.

I clicked the down button and stepped back.

Then I felt a hand on my back, Taylor leaned his chin on my shoulder, "Don't ever do that to me again, I thought you were gonna die."

I turned around, a tear rolled down my cheek, then it turned into sobs. Taylor pulled me into a long overdue hug, letting me cry.

"Taylor," I said through sobs "I want to forgive you for that awful night, I-"

Taylor cut me off,"I forgave you a long time ago, just put it behind you." He kissed my cheek and continued to rub my back.

Finally I looked up at him, he looked at me and then kissed me. It was amazing, I had gone 4 months without even touching this amazing boy.

"I missed that," I said to him

"Me too, your doctor wouldn't let me do anything but touch your hand," He frowned

I laughed, "I haven't laughed in months do you know how sad that is?" I asked

"No, but you know what's even more sad?" He asked

"What?" I asked

"That being in a coma made you an even better kisser," He said

My mouth dropped, "Taylor!"

"That's so crazy, but I think that's good,"

He nodded and lead me into the elevator. "It's good to have you back, Marley"

"Oh, it's good to be back,"