Chapter 5

Marley's POV
My head felt so heavy, my lips and throught felt dry, my body ached and I felt like I had been run over by a bus. I couldn't remember where I was, I hadn't seen Kate in a while. But I kept hearing her voice and I kept hear a boy's voice. They both sounded really tired.
I kept trying to open my eyes but they felt glued shut.
But one time I opened them, it took a lot of work but I did it. I couldn't sit up, but I could see. Everything was blurry and I saw a bunch of tubes sticking out of my arms. And I saw a girl sitting next to me. And I saw that boy, too he was sitting on the floor. I opened my mouth to speak. But then a sharp pain ripped through my chest and I started to shake. It felt as if my heart was on fire, I heard yelling and I saw these white blurs run towards me. But then it all became a big mess and my eyes couldn't sort it all out. The mess went away, it turned black and cold again, and I couldn't see the girl and boy anymore.
•••••••••••••
It felt like years later, but then I was able to open my eyes again. And when I opened them that boy was sitting next to me, "Kate! Kate! Look, she's up! She's alive!" He exclaimed
The girl looked up and her mouth dropped, she rushed over next to Taylor and they both just stared at me.
"Marley, are you okay?" The girl asked
"Ah-ooh-" My voice felt dry and disgusting. I tried to speak again but I couldn't. I put a hand over my throught and she left the bed.
She came back a few minutes with a lady wearing all white, "Well, Marley it's very happy to see you have woken up," she smiled and rubbed my back.
Then she held a cup up to my mouth. The cold water rolled down my throught, and it felt wonderful.
"Thank you," I wispered
She smiled and left the room.
"Can you speak?" The boy asked me
"I think so," I said
"Do you know who we are?" The girl asked
I knew I had seen them both before but I couldn't place them, so I shook my head. When I did this her smile faded and she looked at Taylor.
"Are you sure?" She asked again
"No, I'm sorry. Am I supposed to?" I asked
The girl just looked at me, her eyes began to tear up. She got up from my bed side and left the room.
When she came back her face looked red and tear stained.