Chapter 21

This chapter is dedicated to totaaa88. Thank you for all the votes😋

Purple serum Bullet made^^

Toby's POV

"I opened the scroll yesterday afternoon when Toby and Seb went out shopping", Xavier said quietly.

I was seated on his lap because he didn't want me far away from him. After the confession I told him yesterday our bond is much stronger. Justin, Xander, Storm, Carver, Bullet and I were in Xavier's office. He called a meeting after training this morning and said it was important. I didn't even know he opened the scroll yesterday.

"What did it say?", Xander asked curiously. The ring on his ring finger  flashed in the sunlight and caught my eye. Justin pulled me aside this morning and practically had a smile on his face that could've rivaled the sun. He was smiling so brightly as he told me Xander said yes. I was really happy for my brother and his mate.

"I don't know. How else to say this...", He paused and let out a heavy sigh.

We all waited curiously to hear what he had to say. Elliot was ruining everyone's lives and I know for sure we all couldn't wait for this war to end.

"Elliott can inherit Lucian's powers", He rushed out.

What the fuck?

"What the fuck? How?", Justin burst out.

"Carver said that Lucian tied down his powers to two scrolls. He didn't just tie down his powers, he made it so that someone could inherit his powers. He didn't know whether the vision was true or not so he decided to allow someone else to inherit his powers. He believed that even if he didn't die someone worthy would be able to lead along side him or atleast secure their place as the packs new ruler. He hoped that his brother would be the one to find the scroll because they ruled for years and Lucas knew the pack's ways better than anyone",Xavier explained.

"So this fucker can inherit powers? It doesn't make sense. He's a hunter, he hates the supernatural. Why become one? One extremely powerful monster at that?", Bullet asked frowning.

"There were, rules, so to say to acquire Lucian's powers. Elliott obviously needed people with money and power who could give him what he wanted for a few years to do what needs to be done till he finishes what he needs to do", Xavier shrugged.

"That makes perfect sense. Toby think about it. Elliott didn't know much about hunters. Mum dies and he moves to the base of some of the biggest werewolf hunters and he's their leader? Just like that. What if he promised them that he could grant them powers and they could rule or atleast something in return", Justin said looking at me.

That bloody bastard.

"I don't think they know what he's really after. The rest of them really believe they're hunters. The only one I can think of that maybe will know is Hudson. He and Elliott shared everything and Elliott trusted him enormously. And Hudson is a sadist and a rapist at the very least. If that scroll would tempt anybody it would be him", I said shaking my head.

Justin furrowed his brows while he thought of what I said before he nodded in agreement.

"What were the conditions of the scroll?", I asked Xavier, turning in his lap to look at him.

He silently opened the draw to his left and took out a paper.

"Carve a cross into thy enemies of as many lapses as thy had seen.

Tear apart a pair fated to be

An innocent soul must be no more

A child borne of thy loins must no longer be