Chapter 18

This chapter is dedicated to ElishaHilker

The smoke emitting from the scroll^^

Toby's POV

I watched as a tear slid out of the corner of his eye as he gasped for breath. Watching his reaction to the scroll only heightened my fear for it.

Carver bowed his head and I wanted to go and give him a hug. Storm wrapped his arms around him as Carver took a deep breath and clung to him.

"Alpha, I don't think we should continue. Maybe we can talk about this tomorrow, my mate isn't well", He said as Bullet ran his hand down Carver's back soothingly.

Axe nodded as he watched the scroll wearily. What was inside that made a powerful Elder like Carver break down?

"No. No I must tell you, you must know", He gasped as he hugged Storm tighter before he let go.

Storm was about to protest but Bullet stopped him.

"Carver is right. If it's dangerous and Elliot only brings fucking danger, we need time to prepare. Every second can save a life", He said as he smiled at Carver and took his hand.

Carver may be powerful but his mates give him leverage. It's obvious to all of us.

"I'm sure you are all aware of your packs history. The Alpha your great-great-grandfather overthrew?", Carver asked, his face squeezing in pain.

We all nodded our heads but Bullet frowned as he shook his head.

Carver swore as he looked at Axe. Axe nodded as he told him the story of this pack's previous Alpha. That disgusting piece of horseshit who doesn't deserve to be called a man.

His face showed how disgusted he was as he swore.

"Anyway his-", Carver started but was cut off by Justin.

"Hold on Carver. Axe,Xander what was this Alpha's name? Come to think of it what was your great-great-granfather's name either. All of you, every single time you mention them, you never mention their names. What are their names?", Justin asked confused as he turned to look at them.

I frowned and looked at Axe to see him also frown before he opened his mouth and closed it a few times. He didn't know either.

"Very observant Justin. The Alpha's name is Lucian Crosswood",Carver said as he gazed into the black smoke emitting from the scroll.

"How do u know that? What's our great-great-granfather's name?", Axe asked surprised.

"I see it in the smoke. I'm guessing only an Elder is able to see it. And to answer your question, your great-great-granfather's name is Lucas Crosswood", He said a bit surprised as well.

"They were brother's? How? What happened?", Axe asked surprised as he tightened his arm around me. I ran my hand comfortingly down his arm as I tried to wrap my head around this.

"I can't see everything. Just vague pieces of the past. Oh my God. Oh my, that makes sense now",He said as he turned to look at Storm. Storm smiled at him softly but urged him to tell the rest of us what he saw.

"Lucian and Lucas were direct descendents of the very first werewolf. Lucian was an Elder, an extremely powerful one too. Take that coupled with his extremely powerful bloodline, it was no wonder he was able to lead for as long as he did.

Lucian craved power, lusted after it and was a tyrant. He loved controlling people, Lucas stood by his side for many years, destroying packs and selling children to God knows where. Until one day, Lucian sold his own nephew to a sadist.