Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to TinaHorne6 and HeatherHartung

Toby's POV

"Hi little guy. I'm Justin, Toby's brother", Justin introduced himself as he squatted down to Sebastian.
Seb slipped his thumb in his mouth as he shyly waved at Justin from behind my leg.

"He's shy, give him some time. I have some big news", I beamed at Justin.

He looked at me quizzically as I picked Seb up and opened the back car door before I strapped him into his car seat. I borrowed the car seat from the centre that we'll have to use till we get one of our own.

"What's the big news?", He asked once I was done and stepped back from his car, the one Xander gave him.

I closed the door, making sure it was on child lock before I smiled at him.

"We're adopting Seb! Before you say anything, I know it's too soon but we want him and we're ready for that kind of commitment", I said as I held up my hands to stop Justin from arguing.

"I'm really happy for you bro. I'm happy that you're being yourself and you're letting go", He said as he smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

I took a deep breath and hugged him back clinging tightly. It wasn't easy living under Elliot's rule, always hiding in fear of a beating or worse. Elliot was a monster, he had to make sure he was in control at all times.

"Thanks Justin. I've never felt this happy in my entire life. I know it's not going to be easy but with Xavier I know we'll make it work", I said as I stepped back.

"I have some news for you too", He said as he winked at me and walked around the car to the driver's side.

I narrowed my eyes at him before I climbed into the passenger seat.

"Tell me! You know I hate it when you keep secrets from me", I said as I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"I know but this one is a secret until we get to the mall and walk into a certain shop. Now what are we going to do? I didn't really want to watch a movie when I asked you earlier", He said as he started the car and drove out of the parking lot and headed for the entrance to the pack. I glanced at the side mirror and saw the warriors follow us. We agreed that travelling alone was not an option so anyone going anywhere had to take two warriors with. We'll walk in separately but the warriors will keep a watch on us at all times. It was safer this way.

"That's okay. You can tell me this big secret while we shop for things for Seb. Xavier said he'll stay home and try and open the scroll. He says it safer that I'm not there, I didn't like it but Carver said none of us can look inside. So I'll get Seb's things while he opens the scroll and tries to decipher it", I said as we headed for the highway.

He nodded and switched on the radio. The warriors followed us two or three cars behind as we headed for the mall an hour's drive from the pack house. We wanted good quality furniture and clothes, so we'll go to Mall of the South. We can buy everything there.

I chuckled at Seb when he sings along to the songs on the radio, off key and all the wrong words. I share a look with Justin to see him wince at Seb's loud voice. I just smile and look out of the window. I watch the scenery pass as I think of my life. I have a mate and a kid, a war we're going to fight against my father and I'm terrified even if I don't tell Xavier that. I turn to look at Seb when he urges Justin to sing along and I know that I'd kill for him, I'd die for him if I have to, for both of them.