Part 4: Chapter 12

FAMILY MATTERS: Part 3

The Meyers Family:

Aries- 37

Eloise - 36

Makayla - 11

Michael - 7

Elias - 1

"Mummy, can I get my hair curled this time?" 

"She can try sweetheart, but you know your hair doesn't like to hold curls."

Makayla frowned at herself in the mirror. "I know, but Auntie Cissa Jo and I have a fashion show coming up and I want my hair to look more like hers."

The young stylist gasped. "You're Narcissa Jo Malfoy's niece? Makayla Meyers right? You're the face of all of her youth apparel campaigns! My sister adores you!"

Eloise stifled a laugh at Makayla's expression of confusion and irritation. "Yes, my name is Makayla. Excuse me, but my mum and I were having a conversation..."

"Yes, of course, Miss Meyers! I'm terribly sorry. I will fetch you two some water." She sashayed away leaving Makayla and Eloise in a fit of giggles.

"You're famous!" Eloise gushed.

Makayla hopped out of her chair and climbed into Eloise's lap. "You know I'm a big girl right mummy? Auntie Athena says I'm a 'young lady' now."

"Is that what she said?" Eloise asked, trying to hide her amusement. "She's right, lovie. You are a young lady."

"If I'm a young lady now, doesn't that mean that you and daddy can talk to me about grown-up stuff?"

Eloise's smile dropped. "What do you mean?"

The stylist came hurrying back into the room with two bottles of water and Makayla made her way back to her own chair ignoring Eloise's question.

Eloise didn't have long to ponder Makayla's strange question before the stylists got to work. By the end of the appointment, both mum and daughter were pampered and styled to perfections. Makayla got the curls that she wanted and put an extra skip in her step so that they would bounce as much as possible. 

They had a quick lunch before heading over to Narcissa Jo's fashion house. Makayla did an impromptu fitting for their upcoming show before joining her mother in the store.

"Are you going to answer my question mum?" Makayla asked as she browsed through the gowns.

"What question is that?" Eloise murmured, holding a gown up to her body. "Do you like this dress?"

Makayla ignored her. "If I'm a big girl, can't you and daddy talk to me about grownup things?"

"What grownup things are you referring to?" Eloise asked without looking up.

"Mum! I'm trying to talk to you!" Makayla shouted, stomping her foot for emphasis.

Everyone in the store froze and stared at her. "Makayla! Do not shout at me," Eloise admonished.

"I wouldn't have to shout if you would pay attention to me!" Tears were now streaming down her cheeks. "This is supposed to be our day!"

Narcissa Jo came over and placed a hand on Eloise's back. "Why don't you two talk in my office?"