Part 1: Chapter 1

"My wife will not be joining us today. As you all know she is on maternity leave--" He trailed off as the door opened.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," Hermione said, entering the room and taking her seat at the head of the table. "What did I miss?" She was wearing a business suit and heels and was still pudgy from her pregnancy. Her brown hair was pulled into a neat bun on top of her head and she carried a small briefcase.

Draco glared at Hermione but she ignored him, pulling out a sheet of parchment and dipping her quill in the ink in front of her, ready to take notes.

"Um, Mrs. Malfoy?"

Hermione trained her eyes on the man who was addressing her. "Yes Roy?"

"You don't have to be here right now. Surely Draco can fill you in on the meeting later--"

"Nonsense. We break ground next week. Let's begin." She looked expectantly at her husband who was sitting opposite her at the other end of the table.

"Hermione may I see you in the hallway for a moment?" Draco asked through his teeth. He felt the eyes of the other board members on him as he stood and walked to the door.

"Sure darling." Hermione rose, wincing at the pain in her lower body.

She followed Draco into the hallway and closed the door behind her. "Yes?"

"Are you insane?! You had a baby a week ago Hermione! A week! Why are you here? Where is Scorpius?"

"Calm down Draco! You're being so dramatic. He's with Ginny. She came over with Teddy and James and I asked her to look after him so I could attend the meeting."

Draco stared at her incredulously. He was going to have a serious conversation with Ginny Potter. "Come on. I'm taking you home. How did you even get here?" He took her by the hand but she jerked away.

"I'm not leaving Draco."

"I'm not asking you Hermione. Let's go. I'll have Michelle reschedule the meeting."

When she didn't move, Draco pinched his nose in frustration. "Hermione please. Stop being difficult."

"I'm not being difficult. I'm here to do my job."

"I'm giving you one last chance to be reasonable before I lose it."

She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him.

"I guess we're doing this the hard way." He carefully put his arm underneath her knees, gingerly picking her up and walked toward the lift.

Hermione gasped and banged her fists on his chest. "Draco Malfoy you put me down this instant!"

"You're making quite a scene Mrs. Malfoy. Quit squirming!" They passed Michelle's desk and he paused. "Michelle can you reschedule the board meeting for later this afternoon? I need to attend to my wife."

Hermione had stopped fighting but was pouting in Draco's arms. He took her downstairs and put her in the passenger seat of her car before climbing into the driver's seat.

"You are being absolutely ridiculous!" Hermione said angrily. "I was already there; You should have just let me attend the meeting."

Draco ignored her as he drove toward their home.

"Do you hear me Draco? I'm talking to you!"

"More like talking at me," he mumbled to himself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing love. Look, I need you to calm down."

"I will not calm down!" She shouted irately.

Draco was quiet as she continued to shout at him the rest of the way home. He pulled into the driveway and turned off the car. Hermione was silently fuming next to him with her arms folded across her chest.