I Do... Not Want the Badboy (Prologue and Characters)

Main Characters

Erabella Batson: Daughter of Elspeth and Clay

Kaden Van White: Adopted son of Thatcher

Antony Englend: Son of Thatcher, best friend to Kaden

Harper Whilde: Erabella's best friend

Jude McHaven: Famous actor

Alison Andrew: Not-so-famous actor

John Walsh: Mable's ex boyfriend

Other minimal characters

Elspeth Batson: Erabella's mother

Barclay Batson: Erabella's father

Shaine Batson: Erabella's brother

Mariam: Kaden's manager

Mrs. Batson/ Grandmother Batson: Erabella's grandmother

Thomas Andrew: Director of Magic Touch

Jamison: Erabella's body guard

Ericka: Erabella's hairstylist

Cindy: Kaden's stylist

Mable: John Walsh's ex girlfriend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

The sound of our urgent footfalls filled the night as we ran for the safety we desired. My heart pounded in my chest and my thoughts were clouded with the scene I couldn't get free from my mind. The events that took place tonight seemed as if they had aged me a thousand years. My limbs took on the weight of the world as I tried to escape accusation.

"We can stop, we're far away from her now." My best friend, Harper, assured me.

I shook my head rapidly back and forth, persistent to move on. "We have to keep going. If we stop now, I can say goodbye to everything."

I kept on without her, running through the darkened forest, my feet falling upon the littered forest trail. Soon I heard her steps behind me, yet her pace was slower and her panting louder.

"Come on Lo, you can stop, let's just go home." She urged.

I collasped to the ground, spent from the day's activities. Well more like the stress that came along with being Harper's friend. I grunted at the feeling of gravel scraping my chin and dirt flying into my nostrils as I fiercly breathed in lungfuls of air. I felt helpless.

"I'm sorry, but come on Lo, get up." Harper helped me to my feet and we continued walking down the gravel-covered trail. My friend continued on as if nothing had ever happened. While my mind rewinded every single second of the event that just passed. We had just killed a woman. Alright, we didn't kill her. She was close to dead, super close to dead, and it was all at the hands of my best friend.

I wasn't sure why she had gotten into such a cleto-binge, but while I was trying to stop her from ruining her life- the inevitable happened. An elderly got caught in the line of fire, and nearly killed herself. I was hoping that she was alright, but Harper and I hadn't had time to check for a pulse as we bolted out of the front door.

I wanted to look back, I did look back and my anxiety along with my guilt was piling on my shoulders to the point of weighing me down to the dirt-covered ground... again.

"I can't do this, we have to tell someone about this. We have to tell someone." I urged.

Harper looked at me, pleading. "Who are we going to tell? My parents would skin me alive if they ever found out about this."

My eyes lit in realization, "Thatcher! He can help us. My father can take him to us and get rid of all of this. My father's a doctor remember? They can take care of it Harper."

Harper nodded, her head of red hair nodding along with her. "Thank you, I don't know what I would do without you."

I nodded along with her assessment. I don't know what she would do without me either. This had been happening for the last couple of months. Harper's random acts of deliquent-ism. It was running on my nerves yet I was always going to be there for her. That's what best friends do and we've been best friends ever since I could remember.

Harper seemed as if she was looking a little better about everything that passed this evening. We kept heading home, taking a familiar street that led to my own home. Harper still looked a little nervous but I was confident that my father would be able to help. He was never too fond of Harper because of the trouble that she got me into yet I couldn't find it in my heart to leave her behind. She was a lost soul that needed guidance, and my mother agreed.

It was hours later when my feet ached in praise at the appearance of my house. I smiled in satisfaction as I took out my keys and opened the door. I wasn't surprise to find my parents already sitting at the dinner table with my little brother Shaine. My mother wore a look of worry since I hardly ever missed a home-cooked meal.

"There you are." Mom sighed in relief, she frowned as she looked at Harper and her tear-streaked cheeks. "Did something happen?"

Mom moved a piece of raven hair out of her eyes. Harper cleared her throat, looking extremely uncomfortable in my home.

"We might have a problem." I whispered. I let my hair fall around my shoulders. I was also embarrassed about what happened tonight and I knew that my parents would be disappointed in me. I knew that would be the worst kind of feeling besides

Dad stood up from the dinner table and came to take his place by mom. It was then that I knew they would be there for me, but I was worried about them being there for Harper as well.

-----------------

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this prologue. This was meant to carry on from my last book of the I Do Not Want series. I'm not sure why I didn't upload any of these chapters or really commit to Erabella's story. I wish I could go back to my old self and ask her why. Well anyway, now you all will get an idea of how this story was meant flourish. I'd love to know your thoughts on this so please comment!

Until next time <3

<3

<3