Running from Jax (Prologue)

Synopsis

"Just stay still." He ushered but I shook my head violently, while he tried to bare my neck to his teeth.

"N-no!" I shouted out, now realizing we were encased in darkness and no one would be able to see me or hear my cries through the sound of the traffic rushing past. He had pushed us into the thick trees that had lined the side of the road and now I couldn't even find the ways of escape. "P-please," I whimpered.

"I'm sorry love, but your my mate, and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure your leaving with me tonight."

***

Ridley Robbins was just enjoying her birthday until Jax Zohar, alpha of the Blood Moon pack stepped in. He abducts her in an attempt to get her to fall into his clutches. But his plan fails when she falls into the hands of werewolf hunters. Although Ridley is human that doesn't stop them from using her as a weapon against Jax. They want him dead and the only way to do that is to pierce his heart with silver or strip him of his mate, Ridley. Or she can either kill him if she decides to leave with him in another abduction attempt or continue to keep running from Jax even if he chases her to the end of the earth.

------------

The echoing sounds of screeching came to my ears as I walked out of the club a drunken mess. I rolled my eyes at the driver and shook my fist out at them angrily. Their front license plate was only a couple of meters from my calf and I felt furious.

"You idiot! Can't you see civilians passing through?" I shouted.

He just blew his horn, most likely waiting for me to walk past. But to his surprise I stumbled to the driver's side of the car waiting for him to roll down the window so I could further talk about the situation at hand. My eyes felt like they were accidently crossing, and I could hear his snickers from the other side of the glass.

"Hey! Roll down the window, I have a bone to pick with you." I grumbled/slurred.

I tried to think about how I had even gotten into this situation. I mean you hand a girl a couple of shots on her birthday and she goes completely billergerant. Plus add in a handsome stalker and you have a girl on the border of drunk stumbling in the asphalt streets.

Suddenly I was pushed back as the guy came out of his car. An impresively good looking guy at that. "What is a pretty drunken lady doing out here by herself?"

I didn't have any answer for that and I scrunched my eyebrows trying to think but it seemed as if all thought went out the window as I tried to form a coherent response, "Are you going to apologize for almost running me over?" I slurred.

"No, you were the one who walked onto the street when traffic was in motion so I will not apologize."

"Ihadtherightofway!" I shouted but all of the words became muddled together as the colors of the world jumbled together. "OhmyGod." I breathed as I struggled to stand. "Daterape!"

"What?" the guy asked me but then I heard footfalls heading our way as I braced myself with my hands on my knees. What was wrong with me? Your not suppose to feel like this when your drunk. Your not suppose to feel this way when you've taken any kind of alcohol.

"It's okay, she's my girlfriend I'll take it from here." A deep voice replied. My eyes snapped open but I struggled to focus on any one thing.

"Alright, just don't make sure she doesn't get near the street, I almost ran her over." There was the distinct sound of a car door slamming and tire squealing soon after.

The smell of burning rubber was still thick in my nose as I screamed out, "No! Don't leave!"

My stalker looked down at me with narrowed eyes and a satanic smile, "There you are love, I was beginning to think I had lost you."