Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

She voiced these thoughts, only for all the others, apart from Raven, to answer.

"It's in the way she walks.", Steph began, tightening the strings of her lace-up heels.

Babs chimed in, "Yes, that's exactly it. The, sort of, regality in the way Raven walks, you can tell straight away that she can definitely rock high, high heels. The posture, the line she walks, arm placement and all."

"Quite true.", Cass dipped her head, shooting a reassuring look at the girl besides her, dark, slanted eyes framed like the wings of a butterfly.

Of course, all three were perfectly fit to give such analysis, since Cass was raised only reading body language (a skill not entirely lost after she gained the ability of speech), Babs was the first Batgirl and the daughter of Commissioner Gordon and Stephanie was the current Batgirl. You can't be Batgirl if you can't read body language.

Once more abashed at the praise, Raven made a bid to change to subject, offering, "We should fetch Bella now,", she looked at the clock above Stephanie's vanity, "it's quarter-to the hour already."

Raising a sleek, blonde brow, Stephanie turned her gaze upwards too, "So it is. Hmm. Funny how time flies.", addressing the rest of the room, she placed her hands on her hips, which were hugged by the figure-fitting periwinkle blue number she wore, "Alrighty, who wants to pop over to the boys and get the little cupcake, eh?"

Donna, still having her hair styled by Raven and Cassandra, offered, "I could. It would be no issue."

Only to be shot down with two sharp 'No!'s from her stylists- despite both of them tending to be quiet people: quiet...but violent...very violent. The main reason for their denial, was her hair (duh) but the other reason behind Raven's was that Jon would then see her.

That just wouldn't do.

All of the girls had planned to walk out together (well, Babs wouldn't walk, per say, but you get the gist) an awe striking line of power, leaving the poor boys speechless- well, that was Stephanie's agenda, one which she had forced on the recluses, Cass and Raven, the pregnant Tamarinian, Donna the barely-teenager and Barbara (who was strangely okay with it).

Who said that girls who lift (or in this case, fight) can't be elegant?

Seeing as Cass had almost done her section of Donna's hair, and hadn't any romantic relationship with any of the guys, she finally volunteered to get the five-year-old, who'd been staying with her dad, brothers, and the other guys for the time being.

The scene went a little like this:

***

"Cover whatever's out and don't squeal, I couldn't care less.", Cassandra announced, flinging the door open like a discarded rag.

Not expecting such an intrusion, Jon let out a highly feminine shriek, leaping an impressive three feet in the air(perhaps due to his flight abilities that had just began kicking in) having stood closest to the door.

The men in the room took a few moments staring unblinking at the doorway, to just...process.

process