009. revelations

009||
revelations

                                                             THE TWO creatures ferociously tore into each other, fighting madly until they fought all the way into the forest and descending so far into it, that only their snarls could be heard

Bryony, let a whimper past her lips as she watched the whole thing, after Jacob transformed before her eyes, she had collapsed onto a large rock, the razor-sharp edge pierced her skin, only now that the two wolves had disappeared did the pain suddenly appear, her whole leg was covered in a sickly red, and she attempted to stop the bleeding, holding a firm hand against the gash.

"Take Bella and Bryony back to Emily's place." Sam Uley's commanding voice had cut the tension like a knife and the two russet boys next to him jogged over to the girls.

"Guess the wolfs out of the bag," Embry Call joked as he offered a hand to Bella and pulled her up, the two departed from the back garden and made there way to Bella's truck, she was still shaking her head in disbelief.

Jared stopped abruptly in front of the fair haired girl, "You're bleeding."

He knelt down next to her, and much to Bryony's protest rolled her jeans up, but the blood stuck the fabric to her skin and Jared had to rip it off, "Sorry," he looked around for something to press down on the cut, "Pass me your jacket," Bryony unwillingly gave it to him, not bothering why he wanted it, she just wanted him to leave her alone.

Much to her own horror he tore the sleeve of her jacket and wrapped it round her leg, tight.

He smiled softly, "I would've torn mine," he looked down, "but I'm not wearing one." An attempt at a joke, Bryony stared solidly at the boy, unmoving in a state of shock, but certainly not laughing.

He cleared his throat, "It should stop the bleeding until we get you to Emily's," he pulled her up gently, but Bryony flinched away from his touch and stumbled over, unable to carry her own weight on her damaged leg, she still tried to sound firm, "I don't need your help!"

Jared scoffed, "Yeah, but I have to help you otherwise Paul will kill me."

The dismissive remark didn't go unnoticed by Bryony, who furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Why would Paul care, he hates me?"

Jared threw his head back in laughter, he offered his arm for support which Bryony took begrudgingly, "Believe me, he really doesn't."

Bryony limped to the truck, the gash on her leg causing a surreal amount of pain, she wasn't sure why she was letting herself be helped by Jared, he too was a werewolf, a monster.