13. Odd one.

Boma's POV

Uggh why are they here?

I'm watching her take a small pencil to outline sentences in a book slowly taking her time to look up at me.

Nualla.

Last time, her name was Iyabo. How she fits so well into a time era, I still don't understand. Of course she's a powerful witch and I'm just a shtriga who needs souls to survive.

And her watch dog. Lanre

I raise a cough to distract her but it doesn't work.

Why are they here? Are they going to ruin my hunting ground? Ugggh

"You can't keep ignoring me."

Her gaze still doesn't move from the book. "Sure I can. If you want something, just say it." Her annoying innocent voice replies.

What the hell, "I want to know why you're here and please leave immediately." I'm trying not to sound desperate and angry but she is making me nervous.

She stops.

"You've never used please before." She finally looks up at me. "Why so desperate?"

Finally I have her attention.

"I know you're not here to pass down any educational knowledge to the new generations tho." I say barely calm.

She is leaning back on her chair looking at me. "I like the four corners of a school building. It makes me feel nostalgic and reminisce of the time I use to teach." A small dry chuckle follows.

"But I'm not here to ruin your only sole means of survival. I'm just here to retrieve. Don't worry it won't take long." A cynical smile envelopes her Petit face.

"What are you here to retrieve?"

Suddenly the door to her small office opens and Lanre walks in.

"My my, you haven't aged since we last met or am I getting older." His sarcasm is short lived as he bows to Nualla to give his report. As usual

"What did you find?" Nualla adjusts on her seat waiting for his report.

"Well I found the cub. He doesn't like me. And I saw the newly turned one. What's her name again? Ini. She didn't have much of a scent."

Ini?

"Perfect."

Nualla's smile broadens at the news. Soon her gaze turns to me and the smile slowly fades to an icy stare.

I'm taking a step back. I should better leave. I promised myself I wouldn't want to mix with these people again but now after 10 years, they still find their way here.

Wait. Is she still looking for that....?

"Aren't you leaving? I have answered your question Miss Boma." Her expression doesn't falter.

"Or do you want to stay with me instead?" Lanre butts in with his cheesy flirtatious wink "Like old times?"

"Careful. She might suck you dry. Just imagine what Mr Martins is going through" Nualla's tone is flat now.

What? How did she...?

Slowly her index finger raises, it's tip points at me and I can tell she's about to do something and I'm powerless to counter without a defence.

"Leave." Her finger moves to the door as it opens on it's own and I quickly oblige to it almost trying not to trip. I hear Lanre's deep snicker as the door shuts itself behind me.