164. To the Hospital

Start from the beginning

"Alevian?" Irina noticed my inaction, stopped, and turned around to face me.

The others also noticed and turned to face me as well.

"What's wrong?" Loyd asked.

"I want to go somewhere first," I said and pointed in the direction of the elevated railways. "I'll go to the hospital afterward."

My statement led to frowns on their faces as they probably could not understand why I was opting to do something else first instead of heading to the hospital to see Luna. Them standing their and simply staring at me made me quite uncomfortable as the situation was extremely awkward. It was as if they were all judging me, trying to guess what it might be that was more important than visiting a hospitalized friend. The atmosphere felt heavy, but luckily, Loyd was there to push things along.

"Don't take too long," Loyd sighed and chuckled.

Afterwards, he led everyone past the ticket gates and down the escalator leading to the metro platforms. With them gone, I let out a sigh of relief as I felt as if a heavy load was lifted off of my shoulders. Without anyone there to stop me or judge me for what I am doing, I started in the opposite direction and towards the escalators leading to the upper floor where the elevated railway was located at. After passing through the ticket gates, I finally made my way to the elevated railway and quickly boarded the train that will take me to my destination.

It wasn't long until I arrived at the mall that Luna had took me to in the past. When I arrived, the first thing I did was approach a large, digital monitor that displayed the map of the place. I looked hard for where I will be able to purchase what I had wanted to purchase, and after confirming the location, I immediately started for it.

I boarded the escalators and did not look back. I continued riding them, getting off when I needed to, and boarded a different one that took me upwards until I was at the level where the restaurants and cafes were located at. Immediately, I entered the cafe that Luna had went to for me. 

It was quite busy inside with every seat being occupied. In addition, there were also several people waiting to be seated. However, I wasn't here to be seated as I was going to buy something and go. Therefore, I waited in line at the counter and when it was finally my turn, I asked for the item that I would like to purchase.

"How may I help you?" the young part-time high school girl greeted me with a smile on her face when it was my turn.

"I would like two of your cheesecakes to go," I said to her.

"Two cheesecakes?" she repeated and then looked up at me with an apologetic look on her face. "I'm sorry  but it would appear that we've run out at the moment..."

"Ran out?" I repeated in surprise.

"Yeah," she frowned. "A foods magazine wrote an article about our cheesecakes a few days earlier and it has become our most popular item. The bakers are making it at the moment, but it'll take some time."

"How long would it take?" I asked. "I'll wait."

"It'll maybe be ready in an hour," she responded.

"I'll wait for it then..."

I then paid for my order using my phone and walked to an open corner where I can wait for my cheesecakes. I let out a sigh after waiting for five minutes as it was a long five minutes and there were still fifty-five more of those minutes that I would have to wait. Not only that but after I pick up my order, I would still have to make my way over to the hospital. I will most definitely get judged by the others for my belatedness, and I just hope I can make it before the end of visiting hours for patients.

I watched as people came and went in the cafe. They appeared to be troublefree and generally enjoying life. Nothing seemed to bother them and they just lived their lives with smiles on their faces as they enjoyed spending time with either family or friends. There were people who came by themselves, but these people generally just ordered a coffee to go and left without taking up a seat.

When the hour finally passed and my cheesecakes were finally ready, I let out a sigh of relief and frustration as I grabbed the order that was stored in the store's branded plastic bag and started making my way towards the exit of the mall. I cursed as to why the cafe was situated at the top floor of the mall, but no matter how much I hated it, it will not change the fact that I will have to waste precious minutes making my way down and to the exit.

When I finally left the building, I realized that the sun was setting and had made the formerly blue sky a cyan color with traces of orange. The early sunset was due to the weather, but the weather will not change the visiting times. Therefore, I quickly made my way back to the train station and boarded a train that will take me directly to eastern Nocsinis where the hospital was at.

The journey there took about forty minutes, even despite me boarding a train that stopped at the fewest stops possible. However, there's no time for me to complain about that as I must quickly make my way to the hospital. After entering through the automatic doors and inquiring the nurse at the reception desk as to where Luna's room was, I quickly sped walked towards the elevator so that I could head to her room.

I checked my phone as I waited for the elevator and saw that I had received many new messages from the others. The messages were mostly berating me for my absence from the visit as well as inquiring if I am almost there or not. I didn't respond to them as the elevator had arrived, but just as I slipped my phone into my pockets and looked up to see the opened elevator door, I saw that the others were on board this elevator.

"Alevian!" Noah complained. "Where were you?"

"We're about to leave too," Zaksus commented.

Irina avoided looking over at me, and I saw that Muria had a disappointed frown of disapproval on her face. As for Loyd, he was simply staring at me without casting any judgment.

"I went to get Luna something," I explained and showed them the plastic bag I carried in my hand.

Upon seeing that, the countenance on their faces softened as they saw my reason. I suppose they've forgiven me for my belated arrival. However, that still did not spare me from some scolding.

"We're headed home now," Loyd said as the others saw me board the elevator. 

"Don't stay out too late!" Noah waved to me as the doors were closing.

"Mind your own business," I barked back as the doors finally closed shut and elevator finally started moving upwards to the eighth floor where Luna's sickroom was.

Author's Note:

2 updates in the same day. Enjoy!!! Please vote and comment like always. Thank you.