58. She Doesn't Know how to get Home

With the club coming to an end and Loyd, Muria, Irina, Zaksus, and I packing our stuffs ready to leave, I took out my phone and checked the time. School was out at 4:00 PM, and now the time is currently 6:00 PM. That's two hours of doing nothing that I'll never get back... 

I let out a fatigued and yet frustrated sigh, looking down the empty hallway. Due to the weather being autumn, the day wasn't as long as it was during the summer. Therefore, the sunlight that shined in through the glass windows on the outside wall of the hallway was an orange, casting long shadows along the hall. Looking out the window, the outside world was dyed an orange color as the day welcomed the dusk to take its place. The sound of crows could be faintly heard from within the hallway as the dark birds flew by in the distant sky.

It was starting to get cold, and the low temperature was reflected in the hallway. This was one of the reasons why I was glad that we switched to our winter uniforms already. The second reason is that the winter uniform looks better than the summer ones. These are the two main reasons.

"So that's it for today," Loyd said to the rest of us as he finished locking the doors. "Let's leave together. On the way, I can return the keys to the faculty office."

"Sounds good," Zaksus smiled and agreed.

The rest of us didn't say anything, which Loyd took as a silent agreement to his arrangements. Although, I think it would've been fine if any one of us decided that we wanted to leave early or did not want to leave as a group. However, no one chose to do so, which basically meant that everyone else agreed with his suggestion.

With my hands in my pockets, I walked along with them, trailing behind some what to my comfortable spot at the tail end of the group. I love being in the back. Here, no one can see me and I can see everyone else. It's kinda similar to the reason why cats love boxes so much.

Come to think of it, cats... hmm... I like cats. They're nice and cute. I think they're superior to dogs because cats can function alone, unlike dogs who need their owners. If I were to get a pet, I would get a cat because they're so independent.

If I were to ever find a girlfriend, I would like one the way I like my cats: independent. I hope that they'll maybe be older than me by a few years because older girls or woman are more independent, and often times, they're people that I can rely on. They can take care of me when I need to be taken care of, and the relationship won't be one-sided. Then it's decided. My future girlfriend/wife need to be independent and someone that I can rely on.

With those thoughts on my mind, I allowed my body to go on autopilot and walk wherever the people in front of me went. This is also another benefit of being at the back of the group because you can think whatever you want to without anyone calling you out for not paying attention to the conversation topic. Well... if you're at the back of the group, then that usually means that you're not part of the conversation in the first place, so it really doesn't matter that much...

Our walk through the hallway soon came to a brief hiatus after stopping by the faculty office to allow Loyd to return the keys to our club room. Our journey resumed once Loyd exited the faculty office, and it finally came to an end when we all made it to the nearest train station.

The station was slowly becoming busy as rush hour was in the not too far future, with large streams of people walking by us. These people were from all walks of life, some examples being the office ladies and men to students to housewives. They walked about with a sense of urgency on their faces. Everyone probably worried about the impending rush hour and dreaded the thought of boarding the tightly packed train cars. Therefore, everyone, me included, wanted to quickly board the train and make it home before the trains become extremely crowded.