3. Holding Hands

With a tired sigh, I slumped over my desk and pressed my face against the cold surface. Due to the fact that it was August, the temperature outside was quite high, in the nineties, and I, having just arrived to class after walking from the station to here, was suffering from my perspiration humidifying my body underneath my school uniform, which consisted of a white button up shirt and black slacks. In order to air myself out, I unbuttoned the top four buttons on my shirt and felt the cool air within the air conditioned classroom.  

"Ahh." The cool air was able to alleviate the heat and provide me with a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.

Because class begins in three minutes, many students had entered the classroom, waiting for the day to begin. While they waited, they chatted with each other; their discussions mostly centered around gossip, after school plans, and television. So basically high school stuff.

"Can you not act so incompetent?" Muria sat down in her desk next to mine. "It's going to affect other students."

"Oh." I yawned, lifted my head off the desk, and leaned back against my chair. I've given up responding to her. I lack the energy to do so...Especially after what I had to go through last night.

"You seem tired," Muria mockingly. "Stayed up too late?"

"Yeah," I yawned and rested my head on my left hand, trying my best to stay upright.

"I don't think it's because you were studying."

"You got that right."

My voice reflected my fatigue and my posture demonstrated my drowsiness. Last night, I wasn't able to fall asleep until 3:00 AM. And since I had to get up at 7:30 AM to prepare for school, I only got like 4 hours and thirty minutes of sleep. This is all that stupid APP's fault.

Class began when the bell rang, signifying the start of a long day of school. The teacher entered the room through the sliding door and took role. From there began the long boring lessons on math.

That whole lesson, I wasn't able to take in much information. I was to busy fighting off my drowsiness to care about what formulas and theorems were used. In fact, I might've dozed off for a bit during the lesson, but it wasn't to the point that it would invigorate me. Rather, it gave me a sample of the comforts of sleep and made me yearn for it even more.

Maybe during lunch break I should take a quick nap...

Once the first three periods were over and it was one more hour until lunch, I sat in my seat during the ten minute break period. Other students mobilized and moved over to stand by their friends, chatting it up and causing a loud noise to exist in the class and made it impossible for me to doze off. So, bored and with nothing to do, I took out my phone and clicked on the Socialization APP.

I pulled up the Prize Shop and browsed it for prizes that I could possibly afford. It was a torture to get these 25 SP, so I might as well use them. So what do they have?

There's an option to convert SP to money, and it would appear that 1 SP is equal to 100 Vil, the currency we use in Vilheim. 100 Vil which doesn't seem much, but is a considerable amount of money. For example, commute train tickets are about 10 Vil, so 100 Vil is a decent amount for a high school student. Another example is that the Big Wac, a signature hamburger at the famous fast food chain WcBonalds is about 50 Vil.

In addition to redeeming it for money, items and abilities are also a choice. I clicked on the items section and browsed it, reading the descriptions and prices of each.

--

Cupids Arrow

Price: 1000 SP