96. Hotel in Saroff

The bullet train arrived at Saroff at noon, and from the station, the entire school immediately mobilized to a nearby hotel where we will be staying in. As expected, us students were to share a room with other people of the same gender from the same class. That was the reason for why we had to write our names on a sheet of paper with the person we were to room with. Since the majority of the rooms will be three people per room, Loyd and Noah signed up for that room and wrote my name without my consent. However, it's not like I have anyone else to room with so it is what it is.

"Everybody head to your rooms and put your stuff there," Mura announced to my class. Then, she checked the time on her phone. "In thirty minutes," she said, raising her head to survey her class in the large hotel lobby, "we'll meet down here."

Then, the students in my class started towards the elevators. As I followed Loyd and Noah to the elevators, I surveyed the hotel lobby, taking in its modern design and furnishing. In addition, I was also quite surprised at how spacious it was since it was capable of housing my entire school, although we were pretty crammed in the corner in order to not cause a disturbance to the other guests that were checking in at the reception desk.

There were four elevators in the hotel, but due to the large number of students that had came, it will take a while before all of us could head to our rooms. The carrying capacity for the elevators were fifteen, and since every class in my school came, that's nine classes total with about thirty people in each class. That makes the total number of students present be a number less than two hundred and seventy people since not everybody decided to come on the trip. This is a pretty small number, but it's totally reasonable considering how difficult it is to enter Nocsinis Imperial High School. My high school is one of the most prestigious schools in Vilheim, and to enroll, one must take a test, and only those that scored high enough could be considered a possible student at this school.

But all things aside... there's four elevators and each could carry fifteen people at a time. That means that it'll take about five trips of going up and down for everyone to be brought to their rooms. That's why they gave us thirty minutes...

Since each floor of the hotel has thirty rooms, the school booked out three floors for the students' use. These three floors were the tenth, eleventh, and twelfth floor of the hotel. My room was on the eleventh floor, so Loyd, Noah, and I got off at that floor and started for our room.

Once we arrived there, Noah unlocked the door with his phone, using the virtual key card that the hotel had sent to each person's phone. Come to think of it, the last time I entered a hotel room was with Luna and that was using a physical key card. But... it's only reasonable that the owner of that hotel would give the theater club president physical key cards since none of the people attending the party was registered with the hotel.

"It's pretty big!" Noah exclaimed as he rushed into the hotel room.

"Let's choose beds and put our stuff down," Loyd said as he followed him into the hotel room.

While Noah was standing on the balcony and watching the city outside, I placed my stuff down beside the bed furthest from the doorway and closest to the balcony. Then, I looked up and surveyed the room. It was pretty spacious, with three single beds evenly spaced out. Then, framed on the wall opposite the one the beds were up against was a large screen television. Directly opposite to my bed was a round table with chairs around it. As for the restroom, it was by the entrance to the room.

"So this is the start," Loyd commented as he placed his bags down. "I hope none of you snore."

"I don't," I simply commented.

"I don't either," Noah added as he slid close the sliding glass door that led out to the balcony. "So, what're we doing later today?"

"So from the itinerary," Loyd navigated through his phone in order to pull up the digital copy of our schedule, "the mandatory events are only today until Wednesday. So I guess we'll head out to our first destination as a class."

"It's not the entire school going to the same place?" Noah asked.

"Didn't you listen to the explanations?" Loyd laughed. "I mean think about it. It's kinda hard to find a place that can accommodate such a large group so the school's plan is to make three groups, and in each group have a class from each grade. Each group will go to a different destination and when the time's up, they'll rotate."

"Sounds like a hassle," Noah whined. "But whatever. Night time is when the fun begins."

"It's surprising that the school actually will allow us to leave the hotel later on in the day," Loyd smiled. "As long as we can be present when the teachers take attendance... that's so lenient."

"I bet there's gonna be plenty of people that'll be out at night," I said.

"Let's leave the chatter for later," Noah said with great excitement in his voice as he moved his animated body towards the door. "Let's get this mandatory stuff over with so we can have some fun."

"Our thirty minutes is about to be up," Loyd nodded his head. "Let's go."

I followed the two of them out of our room and into the long hallway. The hallway was characterized by a beige carpeted floor as well as wall lights and ceiling lights to provide the necessary illumination to the hallway. On either sides, evenly spaced out dark wood doors lined the hallway, and to the right of every door was a digital display that showed the room number. Beneath that display was a scanner where one could scan their phones to unlock. Of course, the scanner also works with physical key cards.

The hallway was quite noisy as more and more students left their rooms to mobilize to the elevators. It would appear that the school had made it so that the boys and girls were both situated on different floors with the boys being roomed in the tenth and left half of the eleventh floor and the girls being roomed in the right half of the eleventh floor and the twelfth floor. However, if students really wanted to visit other people's rooms, there's really nothing to stop them. The school just doesn't want boys in the girls area alone or late at night.

"Have you heard?" Noah said to us in an enthusiastic voice as we entered the elevator. "This hotel has a large hot spring."

"Of course," Loyd smiled.

"I've heard that the school actually reserved times so that only us students could enter," Noah said with a smile. "How're they going to fit so many people in there though?"

"I guess what the school will do is have a set bathing time for people from the same group," he said. "So it'll be the same first and third year class that will be with ours for the mandatory trips."

"That does make the whole thing less packed," Noah nodded his head. "Let's go tonight."

"Sure."

"Alevian, you're coming too," Noah then said as he looked over at me with a smile.

"Why me?" I was surprised by that sudden decision that was made for me without any of my consent or input. I'm actually not that keen on bathing together with so many people. Rather, I'm content with simply using the shower in our room.

"Because if you don't," Noah said with a scheming smile. "Bad things will happen to you."

"Like what?"

"Think about it," he then started to say in a spooky voice. "You're showering alone late at night. The entire floor is empty because everyone else is out and having a good time. When suddenly, you hear the door to the our room creek open..."

"What're you trying to say?" I sighed.

"What I'm trying to say is that Loyd and I will get Zaksus and come to drag you out," Noah smiled. "We don't care if you're not wearing anything. We'll parade you all the way through the lobby and to the hot springs."

"Fine," I let out a sigh of defeat as the elevator door opened and we arrived on the bottom floor. "I'll go..."

"Then it's decided!" Noah jumped up in the air with excitement. "We're bout to have lots of fun in the hot springs."

"I don't know if that's intentional but that sounded kinda gay," Loyd awkwardly laughed.

Author's Note:

Please vote and comment if you've enjoyed. If I don't feel like I get as much support... I won't update as frequent...      o(╥﹏╥)o