On The Road

On The Road

Beth was right. The car was perfect. Nice size SUV, filled to the brim with gas. Had empty gas cans so we could get more, also found some food and supplies that'll come in handy. That girl sure can pick em.

As I drive down the road, Beth has her feet up on the dash, no shoes or socks, and looks at the map she found.

"So where exactly are we headed?"

"North. Hear the cold slows em down significantly, so that has to be something. Maybe can find a nice place, just hangout. Maybe won't have to fight everyday to survive." Hope. I want to give her hope. Hell, I want hope. In this world, there ain't enough of it. I was one of the hopeless, until Greene came along. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her smiling at me. "What?"

"Yer hopeful now. Why is that?" Shit to all Heavens, this girl is looking for something I don't wanna give.

"If yer gonna ask me everyday, why I'm something I wasn't before, then you might as well get one thing straight. An one thing only. Cause I'm tired of repeating myself." Slightly irritated I keep driving.

"Okay then set me straight for the rest of our lives."

I give her a sideways glance and then huff out a breath. Damn it. I pull onto the side of the road and shut the car off.

"I'm gonna say this one time only. One time, ya hear."

She nods and kinda looks frightened. What do I say? I didn't plan that out. I reach over and I grab her face, pushing a half tender, half rough kiss to her lips. Pulling back I look at her shocked face, turn the car back on and then head down the interstate farther. Her cheeks are red and I can see the shock is still there. She doesn't look me in the eye the whole day. Great. Scared her off I bet.

Pulling over into a small town outside of Georgia, I kill the engine and just sit there. We need to rest. Sure, she was sleeping a bit on the road, but that's not good for her back. I clear off the back bench seat of supplies and nudge her.

"Go to sleep I'll take first watch."

"No, you've been driving all day. Let's just black out the window and both sleep." She starts putting the black bags against the window and I card board up the front and back windows.

"You can have the bench." I try to get comfortable in the driver's seat, but she pulls at my arm.

"No, yer gonna come back here and sleep with me. No more arguments." When did she get so brave? I don't disagree with her and climb to the back. I lay sideways against the back of the seat. She lays in front of me and I wrap my arms around her waist to keep her from falling off. "Night, Daryl."

"Night Beth." holding her to my body feels great. I love her curves, her soft skin... everything.

The next morning, I awake on my back. On top of me, held to my chest is Beth. I can already feel my morning tent being pitched. I try to get if down, but too late. It presses up against Beth's thigh an I see her eyes dart open and into mine.

"Sorry."

"Morning to you too. You really know how to make a girl feel beautiful." She kisses my cheek and gets up and I sit up, trying to not blush in embarrassment.

"We should eat, check for supplies, gas, anything else and get moving." Trying to distract her from my erection, I peek out the window and find a clear sail ahead of us. "Let's check those houses out over there."

"Okay." She doesn't argue it anything with me. I feel my morning happiness subside and it ain't awkward anymore. "Yer leg seems to be doing better."