A Day In The Life

Start from the beginning

"Well, first of all, do I ever have any plans... ever, McCartney?" He joked around, putting emphasis at the end of each word.

"Not unless it's wi' me." I laughed in return.

Just then, Stu and Pete turned the corner, shooting us hostile looks. Not a good sign.

"Who the Hell was that?" Richard asks, pointing his thumb in their direction right behind himself.

"Wankers. Don't worry too much abou' them." John huffed. Richard looked unsettled. "Ain't even worth the time of day."

"Eh... Long story short, they were our old bandmates before ye and George entered the picture, unfortunately. Guess they... mighta got a bad taste in their mouths seein' us togeva'." I informed Richard.

Richard laughed, "Quite immature of 'em, don't ye think?"

"They're Stu and Pete, it's expected of 'em at this point." John replied. "Maturity isn't exactly within their repertoire."

Once first period began, all I could think about was how excited I was for what would happen after school. It was going to be our very first band meeting since all of us joined. I was stoked to figure out what everyone's plans were for making music.

"McCartney!" The teacher slapped his podium with a wooden ruler, causing a sharp noise to ring out through the entire classroom.

I shot out of my daydream in a wink, "Ye- Yes?" I asked.

"Would you perhaps... care to read us the next passage of the book, hm?" He asked in a patronizing tone.

I looked down at my empty desk and back up at the teacher with a look of guilt.

"Hm, seems you've misplaced it? Naughty boy." He walked over with a book and slammed it open to the page we were on infront of me. "Now, quit day dreaming and pay attention!"

Quit day dreaming? Never.

I gulped and nodded my head, John looked over and mouthed the words, "Wanker." Which made me giggle a little.

"Ah! You think this is funny, McCartney?" The teacher asked in a demanding tone, "I sure don't." His tone reminded me of my Father's. Sickening. "I assure you it isn't."

"N- Never, not in a million years!" I assured the old man.

"Lovely." He whipped around and stood infront of the class once again. John rolled his eyes and huffed a little.

After that class had ended, I walked over to my locker. However, before I got there, I noticed John slowly dropping a rolled up piece of paper through the cracks of it and he shot a flirtatious smirk at me. I smiled back at him as he walked off down the other corridor. I then dashed over to open the locker, scrambling everywhere, looking for the note. I read it immediately upon gripping the paper inbetween my fingers.

"Meet me in the washroom on the second floor at 11:30,
I'd love to turn you on.
~John."

     My heartbeat began racing rapidly as I read the note and I soon felt heat radiate upon my cheeks. I closed my locker quietly, still staring down at the note with a wide smile growing across my face as I walked to my next class.

The minutes passed like hours, but it was at last 11:29 and I raced down to the bathroom, checking my watch feverishly as I waited and waited for John. Suddenly, I see my chestnut haired teddyboy walk in.

"Finally! Took ye long enough, didn't it? Yer only abou'... 3 minutes late!" I scoffed sarcastically, taking both of his hands into my own.

"Oh, hush it, ...atleast I'm here, yeah?" He leaned me up against the wall and put his arm over my head. "Could've easily left ye hangin'."