Confidence

This imagine was requested by SerenaDelCiotto!

House: Ravenclaw

Blood Status:  Muggleborn

Warning:  Swearing.

A/N:  The plot of this imagine may be a bit off because it was submitted in French.  Sadly, I do not speak French so I had to resort to using Google Translate and the similarities between French and English to make out what the request was.  As a result, I'm not sure if some of the meaning of what you wanted was lost in translation, but I really hope you enjoy!  

This imagine will also have some very large time skips, but it will be an extended chapter!  Since I've been on hiatus for a long time, I wanted to put extra effort in on this one!

-----

First Person POV:

The high pitched squeaking of the wheels against the train tracks echoes through the train cars as the Hogwarts Express comes to a halt in the Hogwarts station.  I stand up, my hand shaking a bit as I reach for the handle.  The compartment door slides open with a low rumble.  Grabbing my bag, I join the mass of students in black cloaks heading out of the doors on either end of the cars.  I feel my face become hot and my hands clammy with nervousness.  I'm finally in the wizarding world.  As I step off the train, I feel my stomach turn acidic.  I have no idea where I should be.  I look around at all of the other students seem to be going somewhere.  Finally, my eye catches on someone who's looking at me, too.  He looks about my age, but he's quite a bit taller.  His silky blonde hair is slicked back and a large smirk is plastered on his face.  He leans over to his friends.

"She's gorgeous, isn't she?" he asks and one of his burly friends grins stupidly while a smaller skinnier one nods and looks back over to me.  "Absolutely beautiful."

I feel my face turn bright red and I turn away from the group and start to rush away somewhere else, but it's too late.  They're already walking towards me.  I freeze in my place as the blonde boy smiles at me and stops to stand right in front of me.  

"Hello," he says with a warm smile.  

"Hi," I squeak, trying to make myself as small as possible.  

"I'm Draco Malfoy," he says, holding out his hand.

"Y/n y/l/n...," I trail off, taking his hand shaking it loosely.

"What house are you hoping for?" he asks.

"I beg your pardon?" I say.

"Your house.  You've gotta be hoping for one.  All of us here are hoping for Slyther-," he says but abruptly stops.  "You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?"

I shake my head and he immediately recoils.

"Your parents aren't like us, right?  They're M-"

"Yes.  Muggles," I say softly.  He immediately takes to groaning and wiping his hand on one of his friend's robes.  

"You don't belong here, Mudblood!" he shouts, pointing his finger at me, sprinting away.  I stand there totally shocked and embarrassed.  I put my head down and clutch my bag to my chest. 

"First years, this way!" someone bellows and I follow the voice to my left.  I feel a tap on my shoulder and I jump.

"Oh!  I'm sorry!  I didn't mean to scare you!" the girl behind me says, holding her hands up.  She smiles at me as she brushed a bunch of frizzy, brown hair out of her face. 

"No, no...  It's okay...," I say, turning away from her.

"Hey!  Wait!" she calls out.

"Hmm?"