Prefects Pt. 2

Description:  This imagine was requested by blackcat2995!  Thanks for the request!

House:  You Choose

Blood Status:  You Choose

Warnings:  Bullying, Swearing

A/N:  y/l/n = your last name; y/h = y/h

-----

"Come on...," you whimper, staring down at your potion.  It was a double period of potions and Snape couldn't resist the chance to make the students brew a next to impossible to perfect potion.  "What did I do wrong?  I followed all the directions!"

Your potion began to fizz and smoke, making the cauldron shake.  You frantically turn off your flame and take it off the heat.  

"Well, Miss y/l/n," Snape drawls from behind you.  "I see that you're inclined to make a mess of my classroom today.  Five points from y/h."

The students in y/h all groan at you, making you want to shink down the size of a pea and disappear.  Snape goes away and you pull out your wand to clean up your work area.  Just as you finish scraping the black gel from the bottom of the cauldron, the class ends.  You finish packing up your things and head to the door but Snape pulls you aside before you can escape.

"Miss, y/n.  Since you did not finish the potion in the allotted time, I expect you after school tomorrow to come in for remedial potions," Snape says.  

"Y-Yes sir," you say as you scurry out of the room.

You hear Pansy Parkinson cackling behind you.  In response, you put your head down, trying not to get noticed.  You walk down the halls, alone as usual, to the Great Hall for dinner.  You go in and sit down, tucking your bags under the bench after you pull out your Transfiguration book to study for the inevitable pop quiz Professor McGonagall likes to give.  You stare down at the pages of the book as your surroundings fade and the voices of the Great Hall fade into nothingness.

~~~~~

A solid hour later, you finish up your food and lean back, feeling under the bench for your bag.  You realise after a few seconds that it's not there and duck your head under just to be sure.  You kneel down and look.  Nothing.  A jolt of panic shoots through you.  How are you supposed to so any of your work without your school bag?  You get up and run out of the Great Hall, not sure exactly where you're going.  As you round a corner you smash into someone else, sending you both toppling backwards.  Propping yourself up on your elbow, you shake your head.  As you open your eyes, you see who it was.  Draco Malfoy

"I'm so sorry, Malfoy!" you gasp, a bit fearful he'll do something to harm you.  "I-I didn't mean to!  I-I..."

"Sh...," he says gently, standing up.  You glance up at him.  You didn't expect him to be so calm.  He holds out his hand and you take it.  Pulling you up, he opens his mouth again and speaks with the same calming tone.  "Where were you going in such a hurry, y/n?  Is something wrong?"

Your mouth hangs open, unsure if he's legitimately asking you or not.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, y/n...," he says.

"Umm!  No!  It's just...  My bag has gone missing.  I put it under the bench but it disappeared by the time I finished eating.  I can't so any of my schoolwork without it so I need to find where my stuff went or else I'm in big trouble...  especially with Professor Snape...," you trail off nervously.  He nods.

"You didn't see anyone take it?" he asks.   You shake your head.  "Well.  Looks like we better find it, y/n!  Let's go."

Still holding your hand, he pulls you down the hall.

"Uhh...  You really don't have to help.  You being you, you must have more important things to do.  You're a prefect after all...,  Shouldn't you be with Parkinson making other people miserable," you say, fiddling with your hair.  He flinches when you says this put continues to pull you with him.

"No, no, y/n.  It's the least I can do....  Pansy's not been treating you well lately, after all."

"So this is out of pity?" you gasp.

"What?  No, no!" he says, whirling around and locking his gaze onto yours.  "I didn't mean it like that...  I... just wanna help you, y/n...  Please accept it?"

"Okay, Malfoy," you reply, uncertain whether or not you can trust him.  You two walk down the corridors, look in classrooms and cuboards, still not finding a trace of your book beg.  You both make your way along an upper corridor.  You pause and look out the window at the pink and orange sunset.

"It's hopeless, Malfoy," you sigh.  "Thank you for your help...  I guess I'll just have to live with it...  I'll find a way to get money for a new set of books eventually...."

"Ummm...  Y/n?" he says, trying to get you to notice something.

"What is it?"

"Look," he says pointing down to the courtyard below.  You drop your gaze to the fountain below, filled with your books, notes, quills, and ink.  You gasp and you run together down the stairs.

"Oh no!  Everything's ruined!" you cry.  Draco doesn't reply.  He sits down on the edge of the fountain, removes his socks and shoes and rolls up his pants to his knees and his sleeves to his elbows.  You watch him as he steps into the water and wades towards your books.  "You really don't have to do that, Malfoy..."

He looks back at you with a pained expression as he picks up a charms book.

"Please.. y/n," he begs.  "Call me 'Draco'..."

You look at him in confusion.  

"Malfoy?" you whisper.

He wades back with all your school supplies in his arms.

"Y/n...  I implore you...  I can't stand to have you call me Malfoy anymore," he says, stepping out of the water and walking towards you.  He takes your hand in his and pulls you close.  Your faces are only inches apart and you can smell cologne and feel his breath on your lips.  He hesitates for a moment and then presses his lips to yours.  You bring your hands up to his chest and you feel his pecs through his shirt.  He grips your waist firmly and deepens the kiss, allowing your lips to meld together.

"Draco...," you sigh quietly when your lips part reluctantly.

"Y/n...," he replies.  "I've been waiting for this moment for ages..."

-----

A/N:  This chapter was 1068 words long!  Thanks for reading!  Requests open!  Hope you enjoyed!

- Soiea