Fall

Description:  This imagine was requested by TheRealLilyTommo!  I am so sorry for not getting this up sooner.  You are Harry's younger twin sister.

House:  Gryffindor

Blood Status:  Half-Blood

Warnings:  Swearing

A/N:  Used to be titled "The Consequences of Sleep Deprivation".

-----

Harry's POV:

I see y/n walking around the halls almost like a ghost.  Lately, she's been looking awful.  Her skin's pale and clammy, she has dark circles under her eyes, and her grades have dropped drastically.  She almost never gets assignments in on time and if she does, they're hardly over and Acceptable.  I go up to her and grasp her shoulder.

"Y/n...  You should go to the nurse's office.  You look ill," I say sternly.  She looks into my eyes but her gaze darts away rapidly.

"No, Harry.  That isn't necessary," she says, her voice distant and hollow.  "I'm fine."

I sigh and she pulls herself away from me and continues to the Defense Against the Dark Arts room.

"Y/n!  Wait!" I say, quickening my pace to catch up with her.  She ignores me.  "You haven't been taking care of yourself lately!  I hardly ever see you around anymore..."

She doesn't respond.

"Y/n...  You aren't yourself.  this has been going on for two months!" I say, turning towards her and looking her directly in the eyes.  Her eyes that once were identical to mine look like they've withered under pressure, but from what?

"Leave me alone, Harry.  I know how to take care of myself.  I always have.  I just have other priorities now," she says with an eye roll and walks off down the stairs.  I start walking, too and moments later, the bell rings.  I guess I'll be late.

"It's okay, mate," I hear Ron say from behind me.   I turn around and find him and Hermione coming to a stop.  "She'll be alright.  I'm sure of it.  She's just going through something.  Every girl does."

"Come on!  We're late!  Snape'll kill us!  And what was that supposed to mean, Ronald?!" Hermione snaps sharply, causing Ron to jump back.

"N-Nothing...  It's just that I-I meant to say that everyone has those rough patches in life.  Y/n's your sister and she's a smart girl.  She'll get through it.  I-I know she will!" Ron stutters, trying to recover his words.  I shrug.

"Harry...  I know you're concerned, I am, too, but y/n deserves our faith," Hermione says softly.  "I agree with Ronald.  She is going through a bit of a rough area, but it'll clear up.  I think what y/n needs is to be alone for a while.  Each time you confront her, she gets more and more stressed.  Give it some time.  She'll return to normal again."

I nod and turn back around to find Neville.

"Hi, Harry," he says, a not of urgency in his voice.

"Hey, Neville!" I reply with a slight smile.  "What's the matter?"

"I-I just saw something funny...," he says.

"Well, what did you see?" Ron asks.  "You seem a bit worried if I'm honest."

"Y-Yeah...  It's about y/n...  I just saw her..."

"Yeah.  She's been weird lately.  We were just talking about it," Hermione says.

"S-So you know?" Nevvile says uneasily.  "I'm surprised you haven't punched him in the face or attacked him for it, Harry.  I honestly would have anticipated you to absolutely freak out about it, it being y/n and Malfoy, after all."