15

Authors point of veiw (Because wtf not) i realozed i made some mistakes writing this and once I finish the book I will go back and edit it. For example their destination. As I said before I don't plan ahead.

The four drove for hours, but eventually had to come to a stop it was nearing the time when Kai would shift and they had to get her somewhere to hide.

Parking the car Luke the so far silent vampire told Sita and her mate Samuel to stay at the car and keep watch.

"I'll bring her back as soon as she shifts back tomorrow morning. Watch the car" Luke told then as he carefully picked up Kai who was writhing and growling, her eyes glowing a gold color.

Once he had her in his arms bridal style he rushed off into the woods with her.

Sita and Samuel sat silently at the car, Samuel was grumbling something about a vampire bossing him around.

"Samuel...?"

Hearing Sita say his name he perked his head up and gave her a questioning look.

"Why did they hire you to get me specifically?" During the drive Kai had realized how odd it was that he was only sent after her and no other members of her fallen pack.

"Uhm about that" Samuel averted his eyes to the ground and cleared his throat "Sita your not just any member of Moonstone. Your the next alpha of Moonstone. Cinder Esther, daughter of Varia and Cayn Esther. Your parents who were Moonstone Alpha and Luna."

"What!?" Sita screeched. "But that can't be possible, I can't be the alpha of Moonstone, I don't even know anything!"

"Of course not. Your pack is fallen, and has a small chance of rising up again. But only because your still alive. And Cind- Sita...none of the lost members of Moonstone will know anything. Some might not have even know they were a wolf until they shifted."

"What do you mean small chance of rising because I'm still alive?" She narrowed her eyes at Samuel.

"I mean that because your the next in line as Alpha, you have a responsibility to bring back Moonstone and save it from going extinct. Technically the survival of Moonstone all depends on you."

"...I can't do that..I will fail. I can't fight and I'm too weak to try..."

"Sita, your a Moonstone alpha. The power you posses is incredible, if you learn how to activate it you can save your pack. But only of you want to and are willing to fight."

They were both silent after this Sita mulling things over in her head, finding it unbelievable that she was alpha.

Within the woods, Luke sat next to a crying and screaming Kai. Her shift would be slow as she was a half breed.
She was half way through the shift her bones snapping into place and dark grey fur covering her naked body.

Eventually a small grey wolf was in Luke's arms.

"Kai..."

Her ears twitched hearing his soft concerned voice. Sheblifted her head her snout pointed towards him as her eyes looked him over. He had the most wonderful smell coming from him which Kai found odd as he was supposed to smell dead, he was a vampire after all.

Her wolf completely oblivious to things being to excited and curious told her to to run and play. Wagging her tail she stood up on all fours and nipped at Luke's hair gently.

Luke smiled and ran a hand through her fur. She was a beautiful wolf, small compared to Lycans but he found it cute. Her fur was all dark grey, no other mixed colors and her eyes were bright with excitement.

Acknowledging she wanted to play he wrestled with her a little bit and until she grew tired. Then he pulled her into his lap and she drifted of into sleep.

As the morning sun rose Sita and Samuel waited for Luke and Kai,
Kai woke up in a sleeping lukes arms naked. With a red face she pulled away from him and grabbed her clothes that were folded up beside them and quickly put them on before shaking like awake.

They hurried back to the car and explained that Kai was okay now they continued there journey to Colorado.

Within an hour they got there, the place was beautiful with mountains and lots of forestry. Luke drove them all to a low radar motel like Kai had told him to. This was where they would split up after Kai spoke with Sita.