Their mouth agape at what they heard. I guess they didn't expect that Jennie would also know about their ties with Mr. Park. But is she seriously going to help them with that amount? That's just too much. Now I wish they would just deny her.

Out of nowhere, Mr. Lu stood up with his still balled fist and an unpleasant gloom in his eyes. I stood up too in aware, afraid that he'll hurt Jennie or me. But before my knee even bent straight, I feel a pull on my left sleeve.

"Lisa, it's alright. " Jennie said, with a reassuring gaze. Somehow that calmed me a bit but not to the point where I would put down my guard.

"Miss Kim, I- We will accept your proposal. T-thank you for lending us a hand. For the money, I hope you don't mind if it'll need some time to be returned. " Mr. Lu said, and bow after, along with Mr. Yong. I thought he was the elder but I guess the table had turned.

"Of course. But I think you'll be able to return it not long after my proposal has set in motion. " She smirks.

"What is your proposal anyway? " I asked once we left the room.

"Hm? Its a long story. Do you want to hear it? " She said, with that same smirk again.

"Well, we do have quite a long walk here so, fire it. " I said, holding a finger gun signal the 'fire'. And really, we do have a long walk, we didn't come in here using the entrance like the norms do. Instead, we came in here using a secret back door that not everyone has access to. Because this is one of the biggest casinos in Seoul, there's a lot of twists and turn before we reach the said door.

"Whatever. " She chuckles. After a turn, she starts to tell the tale. "6 years ago our company faced a huge financial problem due to a collapse in the stock market. To save the company my father went and sign a contract with another company. Our company is then required to give 25% of our income monthly to them after 6 months and will continue to do so until both parties decide to break apart. It was necessary for the company to continue to stand so father didn't hesitate to pay the price. In the first, two years or so nothing bad really happened, the company even grow back to its original state and its still growing until this day. But- " Jennie then stops and moves her head to look behind with a slight frown.

I also look back to the direction she's facing only to see nothing. That's weird. With that frown, I thought she saw something. Ignoring the odd head turning, I went and get her attention back onto the storytelling. "But...? "

She turns her head back and stands a bit more closer to me. "But I found out that they didn't just take the 25% cut but more, and it keeps raising like they wanted someone to notices it. I mean are they seriously that dumb? " I laughed at her sarcasm making her want to laugh too, but she manages to hold it in. "The contract also stated that if either one of the parties violence any of the rules, they will have to pay an amount the other stated to repair the damage. My proposal is to bust them, get back our money and finally stop them from milking out of us by demolishing the contract. "

"And if they don't agree with the terms? " My voice filled with curiosity.

"Well then, I suppose we will have to settle this at the court. " She scoffs, after yet another turn. Our footsteps have turned slightly muted as we walk down the luxury staircase covered with the red carpet.

"You're feeling very confident about this, don't you? " I point out.

"Minus the part where we need to convince another two people to accept this project? Yes, I do feel like we have the upper hand. "

Not long after that, we reached the door. I quicken my pace and push the door open, letting Jennie walk in first. "Ladies first. "

"What? Are you saying your not a lady too? " Jennie asks with an amused face. I walk to her side and answer her.

"Well, I am a lady. But also a 'gentlelady'. " I said while using an accent and moving my arm horizontally to my waist to bow to her. Also not forgetting my iconic wink.

"Yah! Lalisa Manoban! What are you saying? " Jennie said and laugh out loud when she couldn't hold it any more. Ahh... Its really nice to see her laugh and smile again after that tensed scenario with the early two men.

I also laugh with her too. Not really because of my lame joke but mostly because of her gummy smile. When she laughs you can't help to laugh too. Trust me, I been there.

A/N:

Hey guys, I'm back! Did you miss me? I just finished my exam this week. Hooray for me!!! 🎊🎊 Now I only hope that my result comes out good😐. (pls be good, pls be good) Anyways back to the chapter, its the longest I ever wrote though it doesn't have much fluff in this. Still, I hope you guys enjoyed it none the less. Oh, almost forgot. Happy Halloween!!!👻 Hope you have an awesome October! See you in the next chapter.

[ Wait. I forgot about the cover...  Thought I change it to thank you all for waiting for the new update, even though I been gone for a month. Thank you so much guys! ]