3 ‣ morning jog

Start from the beginning

"You're always near a book, aren't you?" Jaein chuckles, half-playfully. Her short, shiny black hair sways back and forth as she slightly shakes her head at her own words. As if they were that amusingly clever. "Glad to see you really haven't changed." She adds, just for a bit of flare.

"Uh—yeah," You slightly furrow your brows, having a pretty hard time telling apart her genuine friendliness from her two-facedness. "You seem like you haven't changed much either." You comment.

"Really?" Jaein asks, seeming like she wants you to elaborate based on the tone you'd decided to use. You did that on purpose. "That's not what everyone else tells me." Jaein's eyes now fill with curiosity, trying to meet yours to get a read on what you'll say and with what intentions.

"Hmm. Well, I never knew you well enough for my opinion to be valid anyway." You shrug, glad to see you're approaching the part of the sidewalk where it meets with all the others, hoping Jaein will turn back and leave you alone. "And maybe that's not such a bad thing." You glance over at her.

"Huh—?" Jaein furrows her brows.

"Well, this is where we part ways." You smile, continuing to walk even though she came to a halt right after you said your previous words. "Bye, Jaein. See you around, girl."

You don't hear her reply, all you hear are the sounds of a typical college campus on any ordinary Saturday morning. Not even bothering to look back, you just continue your short walk to the library.

Jaein isn't worth the energy it takes to make your neck muscles turn your head. You'd rather put that energy into something much more important, like thinking of ways you could come back at her next time she tries to lowkey slut-shame you.

She must've been the one that saw Jungkook come up to my dorm before the exam.

She probably told all her friends and now they're all having their fun pinning me as a hoe.
Great.

They probably added Jaebyun at the food court onto their stupid list of reasons why I'm 'easy' because why wouldn't they?

This is amazing.

A few minutes later.
> Main Campus Library.

The library's always pretty much empty Saturday mornings. Everyone is either asleep, procrastinating homework in their dorms, getting breakfast, or with their families off campus, most likely out of town. It isn't until later that students begin swarming in. Everyone likes coming in on the weekend for any last-minute studying for the week ahead or simply just because they don't want to do it during the week.

You actually frequent the library so much every weekend that the librarians and library aids know you quite well. Every single one of them knows your name and exactly when you'll show up. You show up every Saturday morning with some sort of workout clothes on, usually at around ten. They know your major based off of the books you check out and questions you always ask.

Also, you took it upon yourself to be friends with some of the staff since you shared at least one class with some of the library aids. "Hey. You're a little late today, what happened?" Rafael, one of your favorite library staff members, asks. He's been an aid here since he was a freshman, and now he's about to graduate. "Got stuck to the sheets or what?" He asks teasingly.