Thirty two | contact sport

Contact sport ;)

I sat in my home room class boredly as we waited for the announcements to finish so we could finally begin our day.

As I listened to the many new clubs that are open for new people I looked to the front of the class, at the boy who I couldn't stop falling for since 9th grade.

Ethan Dolan.

Ethan is a huge jock and is one of the most popular kids in my grade.

He's the complete opposite of me.

I suddenly watched as Ethan turned his attention towards me, he smirked and soon turned back around leaving me redder then ever.

What in the world was that? Since when does he even know I exist?

Suddenly I heard the words football followed by tryouts, and soon heard cheering and chattering by where Ethan sat  with his friends.

They must be excited for the new year of football?

As the rest of the day slowly went on I contemplated wether or not I should tryout for the football team, it may be way out of character for me but hey? How hard could it be?

Besides, Ethan will be leading the tryouts seeing he's the team captain so I basically get to stare at Ethan sweating for a good hour without it being weird.

As the day came to an end I grew extremely excited as it was closer and closer to the tryouts, I looked up at the clock that hung on the wall to see there was only about a minute until the day would be over.

I began to pack up my things and the second the bell went off I threw my backpack over my shoulder and began walking to the boys change room

I got undressed I could feel tons of people staring at me, is it because my body is gross or is it because I'm just here in general?

I ignored the stares and continued getting dressed stealing a few glances at a shirtless Ethan of course.

Finally, it was time to go out and to figure out what the fuck football is.

I guess I really should've watched a video or two earlier just so I wasn't so lost.

As I ran near where the ball was I forgot that football was a contact sport until I was body checked by a huge player on the opposing team.

I pulled my helmet off my head to help steady my breathing, I sat up from the ground and looked up to see Ethan and a ton of other players surrounding me.

Ethan seemed worried which scared me, I must have a bone sticking out of my body if he's looking at me like that -or at all.

Ethan stretched his arm out to me and helped me up from the ground he examined me quickly before quickly pulling me into his chest and whispering into my ear.

"See me here after practice" he said softly

I felt my cheeks heat up as he spoke, he's never been so close to hell, he's never even talked to me before.

Ethan suddenly walked off and as he did he smacked a very tall man upside the head, whom I assume is the person who tackled me.

After practice I got undressed and got back into my clothes I had on before.