Chapter 12: The Shift

Start from the beginning

"What does that even mean my bloodline?"

"Laura you are of the purest royal bloodline. The bloodline that gave birth to the first mermaids." He explained while running a hand through his hair.

"Queen Laura you are technically the Queen of all mermaids." Kyler said as everyone else gasped and held a shocked expression.

"W-what?! You mean to tell me that not only am I a mermaid, I am a Queen but not just any Queen I am the Queen of all mermaids?!" I practically yelled.

"Holy shit!" Monkey whispered loudly.

"That makes sense why the white witch put a protection spell on you. She wanted to protect your bloodline and make sure that you wouldn't be hunted." Fin replied. "Why don't we shift back and talk about this more inside."

I just nodded and sunk under the water to begin my painful shift back into my human form. It took me two tries to fully shift and it was just as painful as my shift into a mermaid.

Once we were all back inside Fin and Kyler began explaining about my bloodline and why we were thought to be extinct.

"So other mermaids we jealous of not having that bloodline and being able to rule so they either found new land to rule their own tribe or they tried to mate with anyone from the bloodline. Some people literally threw themselves at the royals to the point people started to assassinate the royals to take over their tribes.

"It got so bad to the point the King and Queen of all mermaids went into hiding and only a select few knew where they were. They would rule from afar and would only come to the Lunar eclipse Ball for a few hours before they disappeared again." Fin explained as we all sat there watching and listening like kids around a campfire telling horror stories.

"But they stopped coming about 26 years ago when the King was murdered in front of his pregnant Queen and all of the people at the ball. Ever since then no one has seen or heard from them. We all just assumed they had been completely wiped off the planet.

"So the next bloodlines fought for about 20 years for the crown till they all just decided to split it between the four of them and each rule one of the hemispheres. Yellow and green for the southwestern hemisphere, blue and green for the northwestern hemisphere, red and blue for the northeastern hemisphere and red and yellow for the southeastern hemisphere. They all came from the red and silver Queen and the green and silver King. The next closest bloodlines were yellow and silver or blue and silver but those colors haven't been seen for centuries." Fin finished with a heavy sigh shaking his head.

"This is going to add a whole new wrench into their plans once they find out about her." Kyler spoke in an agitated tone.

All of a sudden the door was kicked in and Fin jumped in front of me while Monkey jumped up in front of Anna and Kyler and Nico jumped up in front of everyone.

"If they find out you mean!" Grumbled Abel from the doorway.

"Dear Goddess must you always be such a brute! Can't you just knock or open the door like a normal being? We were about ready to tear you to shreds you crazy old Vampire!" Shouted Nico clearly pissed off.

We all relaxed slightly as Abel just laughed. "What and miss the expressions on your faces? Nah, it's more entertaining that way. Besides if what you have been saying is true we all better prepare for any and all kinds of attacks." He said glaring at me as I hid behind Fin.

"Abel you need to learn to control yourself! Stay the hell away from Laura and if you so much as think about mentioning what you have heard to anyone I swear I will kill you myself!" Fin growled. I could feel his anger radiating off of him it even started to make me angry.

"Ha, I don't want nothing to do with any of this crazy bullshit. I just was walking by and heard your whole conversation and decided to give you some wise words of wisdom. Train her to fight and protect herself because it's bound to get out at some point and when it does she needs to be ready. We all need to be ready so I'm not going to breath a word of this but you best believe I'm going to start training my people even more so we are ready. I may not like you Ms. Bell but rest assured you are part of our community and I will protect you and everyone in here." With that he left slamming the door shut behind him.

"Shit he's right Fin we need to start training everyone without letting anyone know why. I will send Nico and our top warrior Garret over to help train Laura so she's prepared for the ball." Kyler announced while running his fingers through his hair.

"You're right we will start first thing in the morning as well as discuss how we want to announce this to our community and at the ball since it would be better coming from us than anyone else." Fin said as he shook hands with Kyler and Nico before they left to make preparations.

"Why does this shit have to happen to me?" I huffed as I sunk into the couch with my face in my hands.

"Hey it'll be alright Bell we all have your back" Monkey said while he sat next to me and wrapped one arm around my shoulders.

"Yea Queen Laura we will all be here to support you in anyway possible." Anna said.

"Thank you guys it means a lot. Well let's get some sleep we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." I said as I walked over to Fin who was lost in thought looking out the window.

I put my hands around his waist and rested my head on his back. I felt him sigh before he turned around and placed a finger under my chin to lift my face up towards him. He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead before we went into the bedroom.

"Are you alright Fin?" I asked

He rolled over on the bed to face me and as he brushed a strand of hair behind my ear before he whispered "I just am worried. I care so much about you and I don't even want to think of possibly loosing you. I know we can hold our own against any mermaids that try to harm you but I wish there didn't have to be any violence."

"What if there doesn't have to be? I've been thinking about it the whole time since you told me about my family's history."

"What do you mean? How can there not be violence?" He asked as he sat up on his elbow.

"Well what if we let the current Kings and Queens keep their rule and their territories and they will just have to report to us. What if we are still King and Queen of all the mermaids but we let them rule how they have been we just deal with any and all big issues as well as keeping the peace between all of them. We would be like the mediator between them." I laid there hopeful waiting for him to respond.

He thought about it for a little while before a smile spread across his face. "Holy shit that may actually work! How did I never think of this before? You are a true Queen Mia Bella, I love you so much!" He exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a celebratory kiss.

"I love you more." I said back before we locked eyes and kissed again with more passion and lust then before. We quickly shed our clothes before making love well into the night.

Just as the sun was beginning to rise we made our way to the training grounds to begin my training. Once we arrived there stood Nico next to a very tall and muscular man around his early 30s but he was built like a brick shit house. He had long dark blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail and he was quiet intimidating looking. This was going to be a very very long day with these guys training me.