Epilogue: Draft Day

It didn't take long for Harry Sayder to seek to make the Kabish pay for what they had done to America. With the full backing of the American people, and lacking a full Congress, Harry Sayder wielded all the power in his hands to destroy America's enemies. Within days of La Carnicería, war was declared on the Yemeni for harboring terrorists. The Yemeni sought protection from the United Nations, but the U.N. fell in line with the U.S. The Yemeni argued that they too were victims to some of the terrorists attacks conducted by sects of the Kabish that were super fanatics. Harry could care less—the man was wearing an eye patch over his right eye for the rest of his life because the Yemeni couldn't get their own country's affairs in order.

And now I can say the paranoia has upgraded to psychosis. We have simply lost touch with what it means to be human—unless being human means being in a constant state of war. Maybe Thomas Hobbes had a point after all.

And now this state of war has grasped me in its claws. Harry Sayder had no opposition when he instituted a draft to supply the armed forces with fresh troops to take on the Kabish. Even as I am in college, about to finish my degree in history that I've been working a good chunk of my life towards, I was not spared the selective service seizure that usually skipped over college students.

But I do deeply wish to be that child who can help make freedom a reality again, specifically though writing. Provided that I do not join Conner Knox in death, I will come back and finish this paper. There is so much more to this story to tell. [32]

Footnote:

[32] Provided that this is the ending of the manuscript, we have reason to believe that Salvador Cruz died in Yemen before having the opportunity to finish this paper. Although new sources have surfaced over the past century to clarify some claims he has made in his paper, others still remain enshrouded in mystery. It is with great hope that new sources will arise soon to validate the claims about the link between terrorism and the loss of liberties, and shed some light on the stories of the characters mentioned in Cruz's thesis paper.

 It is with great hope that new sources will arise soon to validate the claims about the link between terrorism and the loss of liberties, and shed some light on the stories of the characters mentioned in Cruz's thesis paper

You did it. You finished the book. You've been taken through an emotional roller coaster that saw five of the six main characters killed. 

But in the end you made it and I thank you for sticking through to the end.

I'm interested in hearing what you think about the story.

1. Who's your favorite character? 

2. How would you rate this story out of ten?

3. Any improvements you think would make the story better?

As I always ask at the end of the book, if you enjoyed this story, feel free to share it with one friend you think will enjoy it to. As a new author, I rely on my first readers to help get my story out there, and I appreciate everything my readers do for me and will not forget you!

Stay free.

- L. A. Rivera