Homecoming

-RYLAND-

I laughed a little, "Charles man...I can't just take one of your houses."

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Why not?"

"Because it's your house."

He stood up from the ground now and I followed suit. "Yeah, but it's not one I really had the chance to live in...plus I have others."

I shook my head, "Come on man I'm trying to make my own way for my mate and I."

"That's respectable and all mate, but whatever money you were going to use for a place of your own can now go to something else so that you're independent here...get your own vehicle, get a job."

"Actually I was toying with the idea of opening up my own garage."

"For car work?"

I nodded. "Just don't know about all of the steps to take and legal shit." I admitted.

"I'll talk with my old Beta, his son Nolan's a Lawyer but seriously Ryland...you're young and I respect that you came away from your family to help out your friend and more so that you're trying to make your own way... If you ever need anything Ryland, don't be proud my boy and never hesitate."

I smiled and nodded, "thanks."

"So back to the house... I think I have the perfect one in mind for you and your missus."

I couldn't help but smirk at him refering to Raven as my wife...I liked the thought.

"I can take you by if you want...and by the way, My wife's asked your mate to spend the night round ours...you should come by this evening...unfortunately we only have the one guest room, but i'm sure you and Raven can come up with some sort of solution."

I chuckled, "You'd just let me sleep with my mate in your house?"

"So long's sleeping is all you're doing...a little affection is fine but nothing crossing lines." he smiled.

"Gotcha...and thanks, It really means a lot."

This time he shrugged, "You've given up a lot to be the Beta of this pack for my nephew, you shouldn't have to give up being the best mate for Raven in the process."

Together we made our way back into the pack house, and We informed everyone that we were taking off, of course Raven and Royce were both more than a little curious but didn't ask anything, Nat joined us and when I got into Charles' car I linked with Raven.

'Hey Princess, going to check out the new house.'

'Your new house...and i'm stuck here.' I could feel her feeling of being left out and wanting to be with me.

'Our new house, you won't be stuck there forever Princess...plus I'm gonna need my mate to help me fix it all up.'

I could feel her happiness and I smiled.

'I can't wait until the day we can live together.'

'Me too Princess..'

She projected an image of us laying in bed together and I smiled a little sadly. 'I want that too Ray...I'll see you later Alright Babe?'

'I'm not going to be here when you get back to the pack house...I'm staying at Nat and Charles' place.'

'I know...Later Babe.'

She didn't say anything more as I felt all of her excitment as the link stopped.

We dropped Nat off at their house before Charles and I took off to the place he was telling me about.