Family

-RAVEN-

"I don't know why I feel so nervous." I sounded as I stood next to Nat and Charles.

Charles smirked and nudged me, "Hey it's just your mate..."

"Ryland isn't who i'm nervous for...he told me he had to tell my dad we're mates...I think i'm more nervous about my Dad coming here after finding out I have a mate."

I noticed Charles tensed a bit, I remembered how stressed Nat had gotten the other night when I had mentioned my dad was with the guys.

And now that I know the full truth of everything that transpired between Royce's mom and our dad I can't say I exactly blame the Highfield's for not wanting him here.

"I know what you mean." He grumbled.

Nat rubbed his back and smiled at me, "Tensions will be high honey, but we do what we can for the sake of family."

I knew she was basically trying to say, "We don't want him here but We're doing this for Royce."

It in turn made me feel bad but i offered her a smile in return.

Alexia was also with us in the packhouse awaiting their arrival back, she was a excited and anxious to have Royce back...luckily for her she could openly show her mate she missed him...I'd have to contain my wolf and my feelings in front of my brother and father.

"You look down honey, what's wrong?" Nat asked.

I shook my head, "Just me being silly."

She shook her head and gave me a look that silently told me to tell her what was on my mind.

"As much as I missed Ryland I'll have to control myself, I know he'll feel just as strongly since we're newly marked and all but we can't exactly be as open around Royce and Dad...so the longer he's just standing there is the longer i'm going to want to act on my feelings, but can't."

Charles and Nat gave me sad looks but remained silent as no one really knew what to say.

Suddenly my wolf woke up and we could feel our mate.

"They're here." I said excitedly.

Alexia smiled as they entered, Royce walking in first of course. She ran over to him and he immediately wraped his arms around her before he kissed her.

My dad followed behind my brother, leaving my mate trailing behind them.

I smiled at my Dad and moved to hug him, but while I was hugging him I looked at my mate, He looked right at me in return and gave me what had to be one of the most handsome smiles ever with a very flirtatious wink.

"Oh you don't know how good it is to see you my lovely Raven." Dad said as Ryland moved to hug Nat and say Hello to Charles.

"Yeah dad, I've missed you."

"Not as much as I will always miss you." He said sweetly as he pulled out of our hug to look at me now.

"Roy." Charles sounded.

Dad and I looked up and I of course looked at Ryland who was standing sandwiched between Nat and Charles, Nat held his arm in a maternalesque fashion, awaiting what would happen next.

"Charles." Dad said just strained.

They seemed to be having an intense stare down before Dad moved his gaze to Nat,

"Natalie." He said a alittle softer this time.

Charles tapped Ryland on the chest with the back of his hand indicating he wanted Ryland to follow him and I watched as the two exited the packhouse through the backdoors.