Chapter Seven: Rough Night

I wonder how many more fics I'll write after this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's room was pitch black and the only sound that could be heard were the soft snores from Gabriel beside him. He couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard he tried nor could he get comfortable. Every position he laid in made his back ache and every time there was an unfamiliar sound his hand would move towards his side table. He no longer felt safe and all he wanted to do was go deeper into hiding. There was no telling if Crowley stayed true to his word and he knew that if that was the case an angel or demon could come through at any moment. It made him sick.

He shut his eyes and steadied his breath not sure how he was going to do this for another three months. Once the baby was delivered he'd be able to protect the baby easily but while he was pregnant he felt absolutely helpless. Gabriel's snoring had stopped and he knew his tossing and turning most likely woke him. His suspicions were confirmed when Gabe started rubbing his back. He tried his best to relax and enjoy the circular motions but his shoulders were still tense and he couldn't fall asleep even if he tried.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Gabe hummed.

"Nothing." Sam lied still not facing the angel.

"Samuel." Gabriel chided, "look at me."

Sam hesitated and sighed before turning over and looking at the sleepy angel. His hair was messy from sleep and he had small bags under his eyes. Sam knew Gabe didn't need sleep but mostly did it to comfort him throughout the night. He gave Gabe a sheepish smile and the angel shook his head.

"What's wrong, Sam?" Gabe cupped Sam's cheek.

Sam leaned into his touch and shut his eyes. Maybe if Gabriel stood completely still Sam could fall asleep just like this. The warmth of Gabe's hand made him want to fall asleep finally. Also with Gabe being awake he didn't feel so vulnerable. But how could he tell him that without feeling bad. Everyone deserved the rest especially Gabe. Sam sighed again his body finally fully relaxing.

"Seriously?" Gabe chuckled, "you just needed to be held."

"Shut up." Sam smiled his eyes still closed.

"C'mere." Gabe pulled Sam closer.

Sam rested on Gabriel's chest. Their legs were wrapped around one another and Gabriel held Sam tight so he felt secure. Sam mumbled a soft thank you before dozing off. Gabriel chuckled and kissed Sam's forehead just before he was fully out. Gabriel rubbed his back and smiled. He never thought he'd see Sam be so clingy and honestly he loved every second of it. He kissed his forehead again before shutting his own eyes. With one last blissful sigh he went back to sleep.

~*~

When Sam woke he realized that Gabe was gone. He instantly sat up and patted the bed still half asleep. He was gonna call out for him when a hand landed on his shoulder. He looked back expecting to see Gabe but instead he saw Lucifer smiling down at him. His grin was wicked and his clothes were covered in blood. By the looks of it it wasn't his own blood. Sam felt his breath catch in his throat and his eyes grow wide.

"What are you doing here?" Was all he could get out before Lucifer's hands were around his neck.

He was gasping for air and clawing at Lucifer's hands but he wouldn't budge. His face burned and his eyes teared up. He thrashed trying to break free.  He just needed to get free and run. Lucifer let out a sick laugh. The grin on his face was something Sam had never seen before.

"Please." He wheezed.

~*~

Sam jolted awake gasping for air. He was drenched in sweat and his neck ached. He reached for it and steadied his shaky breathe. The room was still dark and Gabe had fallen back to sleep completely oblivious to Sam's unrest. Sam clutched his chest and let out a sigh. His heart was thudding so hard he could hear it in his ears. That felt way too real. He sighed again trying his best not to vomit.