Chapter Six: Of Course Crowley Knows

I want to just remind you guys that this is an AU so some characters that were killed off will be alive in my story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Telling time in the bunker was always a little difficult for Sam. With the help of his phone, he was slightly aware of what had been going on in the world. Four months had passed since he found out that he was pregnant and he felt as though time was going by entirely too fast. Everything was running a lot smoother as everyone settled on the idea of Sam having Gabriel's child even if they weren't too happy about it.

His stomach had grown immensely and Gabriel made it a point to kiss his belly every morning and night. Sam found it absolutely heartwarming and it made him fall in love with Gabe every day. What took Sam for surprise was how considerate Dean had been the last couple of months. Dean was constantly at his side when Gabe or Cas wasn't and he always made sure Sam knew he had someone to talk to if he was feeling down. Even if feelings weren't really his thing.

Sam looked at himself in the mirror his hands wrapped around his stomach. His flannels barely buttoned anymore but he couldn't be happier. The warmth he felt every time he gripped his belly and thought about meeting his baby made him happier than he had been in a long time. He turned to his side trying to get a different angle on his stomach and he realized that his height made him look a little ridiculous with his swollen stomach. He must've looked like a complete oddball in the eyes of everyone else in the bunker.

A soft knock on the door made him lose his train of thought and he turned to see Cas poking his head through the door. Sam felt his face warm a little embarrassed Cas caught him in such a vulnerable state. He cleared his throat and scratched at the back of his neck hoping Cas hadn't noticed the redness on his face.

"What's up Cas?" Sam tried his best to casual.

"We have a visitor and Dean's not too happy." Cas sighed, "he needs you."

Sams hands instantly went back to his stomach, "are you sure you need me?"

"Positive." Cas gave him a soft smile.

Sam hesitated for a second but sucked in a deep breath and made his way to the library Cas right ahead of him. There stood Crowley leaning against one of the tables listening to Dean grumble at him. Gabriel stood next to Dean an angel blade in hand and a large frown on his face. His arms were crossed and his eyes were narrowed. Sam made it to the others and stood beside Gabriel.

"Moose, you're glowing," Crowley smirked and Sam stopped himself from rolling his eyes.

"What do you want Crowley?" Sam realized that Dean had been interrupted by Crowley but looked like he could care less.

"I wanted to see the Nephilim in person." Crowley shrugged, "it's such a rare occurrence I figured I'd invite myself."

"Or you could leave because you weren't invited." Gabriel waved the knife as he spoke.

"How did you even figure out it was Sam?" Castiel crossed his arms over his chest.

"Some detective work," Crowley winked at Sam. "Dean has been going solo for far too long and with the rumors of an angel spawn I figured Sam had to be a key component."

"You couldn't have guessed that from me not being around" Sam raised an eyebrow.

"I know my Winchesters and I know when something isn't quite right." Crowley hummed and both brothers shared a look.

"Well now that your suspicions are confirmed leave and shut your trap." Dean moved towards Crowley who held a hand up.

"Is it a bouncy baby boy?" Crowley grinned ignoring Dean, "or a lovely baby girl?"

"Crowley you have till three-" Gabriel stood tall.

"We don't know yet." Sam sighed, "why do you even care Crowley?"

Crowley chuckled and kicked off the table and took a step towards Sam. Gabriel instantly pointed the knife to Crowley's neck and let a small drop of blood slip out of his neck. Crowley hissed and moved back.

"Blackmail." He smirked while wiping the blood from his neck with a black, silk handkerchief.

"What do you want?" Dean let out a soft sigh obviously frustrated with this interaction.

"When the time comes I'll ask for a favor." Crowley spoke innocently, "and you will deliver."

"No deal." Cas shook his head.

"Then have fun fighting off angels and demons for the time being." He shrugged and started to walk out when Dean stopped him.

"You have a deal." Dean tried his best to not sound defeated.

"Pleasure doing business with you, boys." He chuckled and snapped out of the warded bunker.

Dean's shoulders slouched and he could feel himself finally relaxing. He looked over at Sam who was as stiff as a board and slightly pale. His hands were wrapped protectively around his stomach and he could tell Sam was not happy about what just went down. Gabriel put his knife away and grabbed Sams hand trying his best to soothe his spooked partner. Castiel moved to Dean's side and looked over at Sam.

"I'm going to repaint the wards so no one else can get in." Castiel reassured them, "I think some of the paint must've chipped and that was how he was able to get in."

Sam nodded and watched as Dean and Cas walked off to go deal with the wards. Sam leaned into Gabriel's side and the angel rubbed his arm trying his best to bring comfort to Sam. They stood there in silence until Sam finally stood upright and gave Gabriel a weak smile.

"I have a surprise for you," Gabriel admitted and Sam raised an eyebrow.

"A surprise?" Sam repeated.

"Yup, come with me, Sammich." He guided Sam towards a room next door to theirs.

Sam wasn't sure what he was expecting but when Gabriel opened the door He definitely didn't have a nursery in mind. He felt his jaw drop a little and his eyes prick with tears. He hated how emotional the pregnancy had made him, but at this moment he couldn't believe what he was seeing. It made it all seem so real.

The nursery was an olive color and all-white furniture. It was filled with baby clothes and supplies Sam barely understood. Everything about the room screamed safe, loving home and it made Sam's eyes well up. He looked over at Gabe who was patiently waiting for Sam to say something. Sam opened his mouth to say something but was left speechless. 

Gabe gave him a wary smile still waiting for him to say something. Sam rested a hand on his stomach and started to walk around the entire room. He noted the mini library in the corner filled with all kinds of children's books. His heart swelled at the sight. It reminded him of the conversation he and Gabe had about wanting the baby to be cuddled and read to every night. He couldn't believe that Gabe remembered. He looked back at Gabe tears streaking his cheeks. Gabe rushed to him confusion written all over his face.

"What's wrong, babe?" Gabriel wiped away Sam's tears.

"Nothing, nothing, this is amazing, Gabe." Sam smiled.

Gabriel started smiling cheek to cheek and gave Sam a soothing hug. 

"I wanted to make it perfect." Gabriel admitted, "you and our little angel deserve it."

Sam kissed Gabriel's forehead and brought him in closer, "Thank you for this."

"Of course." Gabriel smiled, "anything for you."