Chapter Nine: Butting Heads

This has to be one of the calmest mpregs I've ever written. Can't guarantee it'll stay that way though lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had all gotten settled and Dean had instantly started researching potential hunts near them. He was no longer hunting across the country especially if something were to happen to Sam while he wasn't around; he'd never forgive himself. He had little patience for everything that was going on and yet he knew he couldn't ignore it. With his mom missing, the men of letters, the angels, and demons he didn't know where to start.

"Find anything?" Sam took a seat beside Dean on the couch.

"Not yet." Dean grunted, "honestly California seems clean for right now but.."

"But?" Sam urged him.

"But there is something down in Beverly Hills." Dean sighed, "but you know how I feel being surrounded by a bunch of snot-nosed rich folk."

Sam hesitated but then decided to speak, "maybe you should take me or Cas."

"Sammy." Dean's tone became stern.

"I know, I know," Sam sighed, "I just feel like I can be doing more, Dean."

Dean scoffed, "well you don't need to."

Sam mimicked his older brother and stood up from where he was resting. He rested his hand on his swollen stomach and huffed. Dean went back to his laptop without another word to Sam. Sam's back ached and head throbbed but he was told by Gabriel that they were just symptoms from the baby. He rubbed his stomach trying his best to not only soothe himself but the baby too.

"I'm going to get something to eat." Sam announced, "do you want anything?"

"I'm fine, just rest okay?" Dean pointed a firm finger at him.

"Yes sir." Sam mocked and Dean shook his head.

Sam knew he was being difficult but he was sure they could find something for him to do to help. Even if it meant just research but Dean wasn't letting him anywhere near the laptop or the books regarding anything supernatural related. Sam felt like he was going to explode sooner rather than later if they didn't even give him the chance to contribute to all of their hard work.

He trudged to the kitchen not sure how he was going to convince not only his brother but his boyfriend too. Both seemed highly unlikely. Sam dug through the cabinets for a snack when he found chocolate covered pretzels and a jar of strawberry jam. He took his snack from the kitchen and returned to Dean's side.

"Please tell me you're not going to dip those in there." Dean groaned and Sam felt his cheeks burn.

"Don't start." Sam elbowed Dean's side.

"All I'm saying is all the stuff you've been eating lately, Sammy, is gross." Dean shrugged.

Before Sam could get another word out Gabriel entered the room. He gave Dean a scowl before speaking up.

"You know he's sensitive about that, Dean." Gabe rested a hand on Sam's shoulder and he squeezed Gabe's hand gently.

Dean rolled his eyes and went back to the looking at his laptop. Sam looked up at Gabe who gave him a gentle smile. Sam loved the way that Gabriel looked at him; it made him feel as though he was always loved and always protected.

"How was your day?" Sam questioned as he popped open his bag of pretzels and unscrewed his jar of jam.

"We caught two demons near by but killed them." Gabriel hummed, "angel radio is still buzzing with confirmation of the child though I'm sure they all can feel his energy."

"His?" Sam raised an eyebrow at him.

"Call me an optimist." Gabriel grinned.

"And if he's a she?" Sam rubbed his stomach and leaned back against the couch.

"Then I'll love her just the same." Gabriel kissed Sam's forehead and moved to go to the kitchen.

Before Gabe could fully leave the room Dean cut in, "hey, where's Cas?"

"In his room." Gabriel pointed in the rooms direction, "he's getting cleaned up from the demons."

Dean nodded and stood up making his way towards Cas. He left the laptop open on the couch and Sam watched as Gabriel walked out as well. Once both were out the room he dusted his hands off and scooped the laptop up. Making sure neither of them could see him. On the screen he could see that Dean was looking up a murder spree that was happening a couple miles out. The eyes were burnt out of the victims faces and Sam could see all the signs of an Angel. They were getting closer and no one was keeping him in the loop. He felt his stomach drop. He wasn't sure if he was upset they hadn't told him or that they didn't want his help. He decided he was angry about both. He huffed and placed the laptop back to its original spot.

He stood up and left his food on the coffee table. He dusted himself off and walked to his room. His hand rested on his stomach and he made a soothing motion for the baby. He could feel butterflies forming in his stomach along with a blush burning on his face. He couldn't believe them. He huffed and stepped into his dark room. He would've at least expected Cas to keep him in the loop. He flicked the light on and shut the door behind himself.

He took in a deep breath and tried to steady his breathing. He hasn't been this upset since his dad told him he wouldn't support him if he went to law school. Sam clenched and unclenched his fists; part of him wanted to go out there and handle the situation himself to prove that he was still useful but another part of him knew better and knew he'd never put the baby at risk. He moved to the bed and rested. He shut his eyes and felt the burning on his face start to cool.

A soft knock on the door caught his attention and he grunted a 'come in'. Gabriel popped his head through the door crack and stepped into the room. He could instantly tell something was wrong with Sam and was at his side almost immediately. Sam loved that he cared so much but at the moment he wanted nothing more than to chew both Gabe and Dean out.

"What do you want, Gabriel?" Sam refused to make eye contact.

"What happened, Sammy?" Gabriel placed a gentle hand on Sam's thigh, "what's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Sam scoffed, "when were you guys going to tell me the angels are getting close?"

Gabriel grew silent and Sam let out a bitter chuckle. Gabriel blinked a couple of times trying to regain his composure and Sam let out a scoff and shook his head.

"You guys are aware that I am still a capable hunter right?" Sam glared and Gabriel was finally out of his trance.

"Of course we know that, we didn't say anything because we're not sure if those angels are even after us." Gabriel soothed Sam rubbing his thumb back and forth on Sam's thigh, "they could just be causing havoc here."

"That's bull-"

"I promise you, Samuel, I will not let anything so serious go unknown to you." Gabriel gave him a gentle smile, "Dean wanted to check it out before telling you just to make sure it actually is an issue and not a false alarm."

"You guys were going to tell me?" Sam suddenly felt his cheeks burn with embarrassment and Gabriel nodded.

"As soon as he got back." Gabriel patted his thigh, "so can you stop being mad at us now?"

Sam huffed at that and looked away from Gabriel. The angel let out a small laugh and placed a soft kiss on Sam's cheek.

"C'mon he and Cas are about to go check out the killings so we'll have the whole place to ourselves." Gabriel extended his hand to Sam who took it.

"I'm still annoyed with you." Sam spoke but there was no edge in his tone.

"That's okay." Gabriel pulled him up, "I'll fix that soon."