Chapter Eight: California Dream

I miss being excited for new supernatural episodes but also in all honesty I never finished the show. But I know how it ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam woke to an empty bed feeling way more relaxed than he did the night before. He let out a loud yawn as he stretched his body; his bones let out soft pops and he sighed. If he could feel this way forever he would the only thing that was missing for him was Gabriel who seemed to be MIA. He huffed and moved the blanket off of his body. He slipped out of bed and scratched the back of his neck. His stomach rumbled and he gave it a small pat.

"Are you hungry little one?" Sam smiled down at his stomach.

Another rumble and he let out a chuckle. He knew the baby wasn't talking back to him but it sure felt like it. He rubbed at his belly as he made his way out of the room. His bare feet padded against the tile floors. The cool tiles made a shiver go through his spine as he entered the empty kitchen. He wasn't too concerned about the quiet and in all honesty it was nice.

"Let's make you something good, hm?" Sam hummed and dug through the fridge, "do you want sweet or savory?"

There was no response of course but Sam opted for savory. He brought out the eggs, bacon, and sausages. As he started to whip up breakfast his stomach grew uncomfortably empty. He cracked the eggs and added cheese to them as he started to cook and scramble them. He cooked the bacon and sausages in separate pans. The smells made his mouth water and he couldn't wait to dig in. He plated his food and was about to sit down and dig in when foot steps caught his attention. He looked up from his food to see Dean walking in.

He came freshly out the shower with his outfit for the day already on. It made Sam feel a little lazy but he knew Dean was probably going on a hunt today.  That thought made him feel a little less lazy. He smothered his eggs in hot sauce and Dean raised an eyebrow at him but said nothing. Sam sat down and looked down at his steaming plate.

"Morning, make any for the rest of us?" Dean teased.

"I could." Sam sat down and shrugged.

"I'm kidding." Dean rolled his eyes, "coffee?"

"Pregnant." Sam dug into his food.

"Obviously." Dean scoffed, "pregnant people can still have coffee just one cup a day."

"Hm, one." Sam sighed delighted with his food, "extra cream and extra sugar."

"Ew, why?" Dean scrunched his nose up.

"Don't question me." Sam sprinkled pepper onto his eggs, "do we have caramel?"

"Probably." Dean shrugged, "I can check."

"Add that too." Sam grabbed a piece of bacon and started eating.

More footsteps approached and both Gabriel and Castiel appeared from the door way. Both were dressed and having their own conversation. Gabriel looked over at Sam and gave him a sweet smile. Sam returned it. Dean finished brewing the coffee and added caramel to the bottom of Sam's cup so the hot coffee could melt it when he poured it in the cup. Sam hummed and ate more of his eggs.

"We have an issue." Castiel sighed finally ending his conversation with Gabe.

"Oh?" Dean sighed and handed Sam his insanely sweet cup of coffee.

"The runes are no longer working down her. I'm not sure what Crowley did but he ruined our protection runes and all the others are barely holding up." Castiel rubbed at his forehead, "it's only a matter of time before they all stop working and the rest of the angels find Sam."

"I have a place that is completely anti-supernatural not counting Castiel and I." Gabriel offered, "it's where I hid after Lucifer thought he killed me."