Epilogue: Warm Hearts

Enji looked up at his apartment where he knew his family was right now. A sick feeling started to build into his gut as the thought of climbing up the steps and then facing them came to mind.

Beside him, Toshinori gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. It should probably feel natural by now but...He knows so much, I laid my feelings bare at his feet and he just...excepted it. Enji knew he didn't deserve someone like Toshinori being there for him, but all the same...

Enji squeezed Toshinori's hand back quickly before letting go of it. "I need to go back in now...."

"Promise me you'll actually talk to them?" Toshinori gave Enji a look.

"Maybe..." Enji muttered as he started to walk towards the stairs.

Toshinori stopped Enji with one hand. "Enji."

Hearing Toshinori say his first name was odd. He'd given the other permission yes but it was still so strange.

Something he'd have to get used to.

"Fine Fine I'll...I'll try, you happy?" Enji muttered, keeping his eyes locked on the ground.

"If that's the best I'm getting then sure." Toshinori stepped aside, watching Enji as he did so. "I gotta go back to the dorms, but if you need me you got my number, Okay?"

Enji shifted from foot to foot before looking up at Toshinori and nodded slightly. "I'll keep it in mind."

Toshinori smiled slightly before turning to leave, waving goodbye as he started his treck.

Leaving Enji alone.

Enji took a deep shaky breath as he made his way up the stairs and over to stop in front of the door. Enji stared at the door as he hesitated, they'd probably be angry about him just up and leaving and refusing to come home for so long.

But I guess that's pretty reasonable to expect...

Enji slowly opened the door and made his way inside.

Fuyumi looked up from where she was doing something on the couch and froze. Enji took a deep breath before quietly muttering: "I'm home..."

Fuyumi ran over to tightly embrace Enji, startling him greatly. "Thank goodness you're okay...!" Fuyumi pulled away slightly, her expression darkening. "Enji. Don't you ever do that again. Ever."

Enji nodded, still a bit too surprised to think. "I...i promise...I'm sorry..."

Fuyumi pulled him back into a tight hug. "Don't scar me like that Enji! I wasn't able to stop worrying about you! Why did you even run off like that?!"

Here it goes I guess. Enji closed his eyes as he whispered. "I have some things I need to tell you..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyo! So that's the end of this story, my first actual fanfic, thanks to all of you who read this!

Here's just a bit of info for what I'm gonna be doing next and such.
I am planning on making a sequel to this story, orbiting a bit more on Hawks and just how everyone is affected from Enji and Toshinori getting together.
I'm also working on a fix that focuses on a bit of a crack ship(Edgeshot x Best Jeanest) that I'm actually pretty happy to make.
I have a fantasy idea for this books ship as well but I will probably have to work on the details a bit before I start publishing anyways.

Anyway, thanks again for reading!

Have a good day lovelies!
~Heartless~