Chapter Eight: Just Dinner

(Okay just...LOOK AT THIS PICTURE. Whoever made this is a BLESSING.)
Toshinori blinked at the text message on his phones screen.

Smilie.
As my family oh so 'politely' informed me, it was 'rude' of me to 'abandon' you when I was supposed to be helping you.
So, against my will, I am inviting you to have dinner at my house and study some afterwards.

...

When had Enji gotten Toshinori's number?

Toshinori hastily added the 'unknown number' to his contacts before texting back: Ah! It really wasn't a problem! You don't need to invite me.

He set his phone down, turning back to the homework he hadn't gotten done yesterday before going to sleep.

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon. Shouta, Hitashi and Nemuri had gone off to hang out somewhere and most of the other students were off doing their own thing so Toshinori had assumed that he'd be hanging out on his own for the rest of the day.

A little chime from his phone however had Toshinori thinking maybe that wouldn't be the case.

If you think I'm going to say something sappy like wanting you here you're dead wrong.

Toshinori snorted slightly in amusement, able to imagine Enji's scowl perfectly.

The phone chimed again, a new message.

Fine. Please come. Let me make it up to you.

Toshinori blinked before sending a message back: it's really not necessary Todoroki! I didn't think it was rude!

He took a gulp of some water from a water bottle before checking his phone again, he choked slightly as he read the words.

Damn it my family wants you to come over because 'wow I made a friend that isn't Hawks!' And after I stayed up training so late yesterday I'm on thin ice and really don't want to sit through an awkward dinner alone so PLEASE agree.

Toshinori blinked at the message, his jaw slightly slack. "This...is unexpected."

Finally he texted Enji back: well when you put it that way how can I refuse? When should I come and at what time?

A location popped up shortly afterwards, then a short message. Come as soon as you can.

...

I'll be right over then!

Toshinori put his phone in his pocket before standing up and stuffing a few books into his bag.

Looks like Toshinori would be meeting Enji's family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toshinori knocked on the door, the beginnings of worry starting to build up in his gut. Even though he'd met Shouto, a friend of Izuku and another Todoroki, who was very different from Enji, there was an irrational part of Toshinori's brain saying that this family would be stoic and angry like Enji himself.

But that fear vanished the moment he saw the smiling woman who opened the door.

"Oh hello! You must be Yagi, Enji said you agreed to come over, come in!"

Toshinori quickly pulled of his shoes before stepping inside. "Hello...you have a lovely home!" It was true, the apartment was open and had just enough pictures and decorations to make it beautiful but not so much as to feel cluttered like how it was at Hizashi.

"Thank you. I'm Fuyumi Todoroki, please call me Fuyumi while you're here." Fuyumi smiled at Toshinori before calling out. "He's here!"

There was a loud crash from down the hall before the loud thumping of feet started to approach.