twenty-four

Beverly Hills, Los Angeles.

28th March 2020.
8:24am.

ddlovato : S E V E N

ddlovato : S E V E N. We are so pleased to announce that we are finally a family of seven. Blake Zawadi and Parker Akinyi have completed our family and we couldn't be more in love with our little ladies 💕

Slowly pushing herself into a sitting position, Demi groans slightly and smiles as she takes in the sight around her. The only way she can describe the past few days is a complete and utter blur of exhaustion but it has been oh so worth it. She was due to be induced on the 1st of April at 5am however their babies had other ideas and at 11:20pm on the 24th of March her waters broke. She thought she'd prepared herself for labour, knew exactly how she was going to deal with it and what she wanted to happen but she couldn't have been more wrong. From the moment her waters broke whilst in the middle of the back garden with the dogs to the moment that the babies were born via emergency caesarean she was absolutely terrified.

Finally, at 3:34am on the 25th of March baby Blake Zawadi was born weighing 5lbs 3oz and three minutes later at 3:37am baby Parker Akinyi was born weighing 5lbs 11oz. Both baby girls are extremely healthy and didn't require any stay in the NICU. She's spent the past three days just trying to recover while Wilmer went back and forth between the hospital and home to check on the kids but today they finally get to take their babies home to meet their siblings.

'How are you feeling, nena?' Wilmer asks softly as she slowly swings her legs off the bed.

'Little bit sore but I'll be fine.' She replies smiling as she stands up. 

'They'll be waking up soon. Are you wanting to try breastfeeding them again or shall I get some bottles made up?' He asks.

'I'll try feeding them. I just need to go pee and then I'll get myself sorted.' She replies smiling.

'Okay. Do you want me to get you water or a coffee?' He asks.

'Coffee would be amazing.' She replies. 

****

1:23pm.

Pulling into the driveway, Wilmer can't help but smile as he sees Jade and Alma sitting at the window waiting for them getting home. They planned for the children to come visit the day after the twins were born however Demi was in a lot of pain after the emergency caesarean and they decided that it would be best for everyone if they just waited until they got home.

'Ready, nena?' Wilmer asks glancing at Demi who takes a deep breath and smiles. 

'So ready.' She replies smiling.

'Do you need a hand getting out?' He asks and she shakes her head.

'I'll be fine.' She replies smiling. She slowly gets out the car and glances over at the front door which is now open slightly with Sebastian peeking his head out. Wilmer gets both Blake and Parker's carseats out of the car and joins Demi as they slowly begin to make their way towards the house. 

'They're coming.' Sebastian says quietly and instantly all the children rush back into the living room leaving just Grace to fully open the front door.

'Hi, congratulations.' Grace says softly causing Demi to smile as she instantly embraces the older woman.

'Thank you!' Demi replies. Making their way into the living room, Demi can't stop the tears from filling her eyes as she sees the three kids sitting on the sofa. They instantly jump down and crowd around Wilmer as he places the carseats on the floor letting them have a proper look at their baby sisters. They've been like family for a while, Demi officially moved in months ago but bringing home these two newborn little girls suddenly makes them feel properly connected. It's like these little girls have finally blended them together and make them a proper family.

So I've changed this slightly and it doesn't actually include any of the birth but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Next up will be the sequel which is called Ours and I hope you'll enjoy that as well.