three

Disney's Art of Animation Resort.
Walt Disney World, Florida.

17th August 2019.
8:32pm.

'Speak to me, nena...' Wilmer says softly as he sits down on the bed and takes Demi's hand into his own. Biting her bottom lip, she smiles slightly and reaches her hand up to gently caress his cheek.

'Do you want more kids?' She asks quietly.

'I don't know. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea though, why? Is that what has been bothering you all do? Are you worried I won't want to have children with you?' He asks draping his arm around her shoulders only for her to shrug it off and slide further away from him.

'It's not that.' She replies quietly.

'Then what is it? Has this holiday made you realise that being with me isn't what you want. Have you decided that you don't want to have children?' He asks and she shakes her head. 

'No, if anything this holiday has made me realise that this is definitely what I want. I just- I don't know if I can have kids, Wilmer.' She says glancing down at the floor as tears fill her eyes. 

'What do you mean?' Wilmer asks.

'M-My eating disorder... I dealt with that for so long that it could've had an effect on my chances of conceiving and carrying a baby to term. My doctor recommended tests but whilst I wasn't in a serious relationship, it was easier to just ignore it. I know I should've told you earlier but I just-' Demi says staring down at her hands as Wilmer shakes his head.

'That doesnt change a thing for me. If, and when, you want to have children we can discuss this more. You can go for the tests if you want or we can just take things one day at a time and see what happens.' He replies pulling her closer to him and kissing the top of her head.

'Do you want children?' He asks.

'I don't know. I never really gave it much thought. I never really had a reason to give it much thought.' She admits quietly as she shrugs her shoulders.

'I want you to know that if you do decide you want to have kids it isn't an issue for me. I-I picture myself growing old with you, Demi.  I have three beautiful, amazing children and if you decide you don't want kids then that's fine for me but I wouldn't mind a little piece of me and you if you do want children in the future.' He says softly causing her to smile.

'I love your kids.' She replies and he nods your head.

'I know you do and no one will think you love them any less if you want to have a baby of your own.' He says.

_________ 

9:54pm.

'You awake?' Wilmer says softly as he runs his fingers through her hair.

'Mmm... I'm literally so comfy right now. Waking up next to you this morning was amazing.' Demi replies.

'Even if we did have a tiny human inbetween us?' He asks and she nods her head. Glancing up, Demi smiles and brushes her fingers down Wilmer's cheek before running her finger across his bottom lip.

'About what I said earlier... I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I know that's the sort of stuff you should tell people when you're in a relationship with them but-' She begins.

'You have got absolutely nothing to apologise for.' He says softly. He takes hold of her hand and links his fingers through hers.

'It's nearly your birthday...' He adds and she nods her head.

'It is.' She replies.

'Is there anything in particular you want to do for it while we're here? I've got plans for when we're back in LA but not for on your actual birthday here?' He asks and she shakes her head.

'Jade turns four... I want to spend the day spoiling her and doing whatever she wants. As long as she's happy, I'm good.' She replies causing him to smile.

'And that is why you're amazing.' He says kissing the top of her head.

'What do you have planned for her birthday? I was thinking if you don't mind I could buy her one of those American Girl dolls she's obsessed with?' She suggests.

'I think she'd love that, nena.' He replies tightening his arm around her.

'Can we take her to the shop though? I want to let her pick out the doll that she wants.' She says.

'Of course we can. You know, I think it's amazing how much you love those kids. It genuinely makes me so happy that they've got you in their life.' He admits as she smiles slightly.

'I'm glad I get the chance to be in their life. Obviously, I wish they hadn't lost Rachel, I wish none of you had to go through what you all went through.' She says and he nods his head.

'I know what you mean.' He replies softly.

'What are our plans for tomorrow?' She asks and he shrugs his shoulders.

'I don't know. Nothing is set in stone; we'll just see how it goes.' He replies.