The End of All Things

"Elise..? Oh my god, she's waking up. Nurse, get her brother on the phone and tell him to be here, double time!"

I opened my eyes to see I was lying on a bed in a white room. It smelled sickly sanitary with a touch of lemon. I coughed a little. I flexed the muscles of my hand Miss Jackson kissed, feeling fire run through my fingers. "Elise, can you hear me. Oh god, she's crying! Are you feeling pain??" I looked over to see my friend's face inches away from my face. I sighed sorely as tears fell down my cheeks. "Ginger..." I groaned pulling her into as tight a hug I could muster. "I've missed you so much!" She returned my gesture, but looked at me with confusion.

"Elise...I... I know that you missed me, and I missed you too...but you are a literal miracle. You've only been under for only four days. The doctors said you'd takes a week in the least to wake up from the hit you got. I'm just so glad you got to see the Vices and Virtues before that storm took out your apartment window." She said, holding up my heavily bandaged arm. I winced as I felt a sting in my left elbow. I looked around for a mirror to see my face had a few bandages and scars as well. Only four days recovery from that? Wow, that's miraculous...wait rewind a sec.

"Vices and Virtues concert? I thought you took me to the Death of a Bachelor concert." I said. Ginger looked at me weird again. "What are you talking about? No bachelor died. If they did, it'd be in the news like you were. Besides, you should know after years of following Panic! that they only have three album out."

"What year is it?"

"It's 2011...Elise, are you sure your head wasn't hit too hard?"

That bitch. Miss Jackson dropped me in almost a completely different place in time to live out a fraction of my wish. This past wasn't mine, but another version of me lived this at one point. Not in 2016, nor 2003, but 2011! Damn it, I'd have to play this game all over again. Figuring out my age, the date, even the past I "lived." This redefined what the curse truly meant tenfold. Let me see what's different this time around. I sighed, embarrassed. "Yeah, I just...sorry, Ginger, my facts are probably badly mixed up after being showered with a ton of glass"

Ginger shook her head with a hint of worry. "Okay...if you say so." She said as she carefully walking towards the door.

Before anymore could happen, there was a knock at the door. "Miss Elise, you have another visitor." A nurse said, soft chatter protruding from the hall. Me, a visitor? Aside from Ginger?? Remember, that the concert took place on a weekend in September, I don't think I had made any college friends in that first month, did I? "I'll see ya, sis." Ginger said walking out the room, holding the door for whomever was here to see me. To my surprise my brother's head peeped in through the door. He was holding a fox beanie baby with pink eyes. "How are you feeling, 'lise."

"Lyle?" I felt my voice squeak unnecessarily loud. He was visiting me in the hospital?? "What are you doing here?" I exclaimed as my body got sorer with every word. Well, I'd never really had any major injuries or surgeries to really know if he'd visit, but I could hardly believe it. Lyle looked at me the same way Ginger did. "Y-yeah, of course it's me. Why wouldn't I come see my only sister in the hospital? From what Ginger was telling me, I thought you cut a major artery. Thank goodness you didn't. If you did, I can't even imagine..."

I couldn't help thinking about what I was hearing right at that moment. This was the most conversation my brother had ever had with me in my life. And now he's the one that's making the heart of the conversation. Bizarre...