DAMAGED GOODS| 34

Start from the beginning

Dave, Mike, and the boys showed up all at the same time. I didn't bother going over to them. My mind wasn't on them it was on Hope and her health.

The only thing I felt was numbness and guilt.

How couldn't I see this coming, the blackouts and daydreaming she's been having should've been told me something.

"I'm so fucking stupid" I hissed placing my hands on my head

"Liyah don't do this to yourself" Prince says walking towards me, ignoring him I cried thinking of the worst. "come here, she's gonna be okay."

"You don't know that Prince! How couldn't I see this coming? I'm a nurse for crying out loud!" I shout looking up at him.

"Even the best doctors over look things, don't beat yourself up about it Lee." he sighs pulling my into a hug

"Liyah!" Seriyah yells running towards us. I pushed Prince away meeting her half way hugging her tightly. "I got here as fast as I could. Did they tell you anything?"

"No" I sniffled pulling away. She nodded taking me towards Dave and everyone else that came.

I went and sat between Mike and Dave.

"She gon be alright, Bean strong just like her mother." Mike smiles softly holding my hand

"I need her to stronger"

I don't want her to have my strength, I need her to be stronger. I want her to be able to pull through any and everything, even though she's only four years old.

Dave threw his arm around shoulder giving me a side hug.

Leaning my head on him, I looked up. His eyes were puffy and red like he'd been crying.

Between me and him, he looked hurt the most.

"Nurse Aaliyah" Dr. Miller smirks walking towards me. I rolled my eyes violently hard, standing up. He's been trying to get with me since I started working here.

"How's my child?" I asked

"Hope's here? I just came to ask if you were working tomorrow" he said looking me up and down licking his lips.

"If you don't know anything move along Miller" I sighed sitting down

"Damn why you can't just give me a chance?" he asked staring at me intensely

"How about you keep it moving?" Dave asked irritated leaning forward.

"Gon head befo' I shoot yo flopsided hairline off" Santana said touching his waist

"See you later Aaliyah" Dr. Miller waves walking away

"Family of Hope Taylor!" We heard. I stood up basically running to the unknown doctor holding a clipboard. "Wow nurse Aaliyah, I didn't know you have a kid"

"Who are you—my child, how is she?" I asked calmly staring into his eyes.

He sighed looking at his clipboard then at me.

"Hope had another seizure while we were moving her off the stretcher onto a bed. She banged the back her head against the railing and started bleeding at a rapid pace. We gave her medicine to stop the seizure but it didn't seem to have any affect on her so we put her into a medical sedated coma. It was the only way we could stop the bleeding and stitch the back of her head"

My entire body got weak by his words. I stumbled backwards bumping into Dave. I turned to him hugging him tightly. He rubbed my back while I cried silently.

"How long is she gonna be in a coma?" Mike asked

"It's up to Hope"

"Can we see her?" Seriyah asked through tears

"Only one person can see her tonight. Her room number is 203" the doctor said nodding at me then walking away

"Thanks for coming" I mumbled looking up at Dave. He wiped my tears kissing my lips.

"That's my kid too, I was coming regardless if you asked me to come or not" he smiled faintly

"I'll see y'all later, I wanna be with my babygirl"

They all nodded walking away but Seriyah stayed with me in tears. She loves Hope almost as much as I do.

Truth be told she's like Hope's second mother.

"Is there anyway I can come back there with you?" she asked.

"No but thanks for coming" I said wiping her tears then hugging her.

"Give her kisses for me" she sniffled hugging back. I nodded pulling away turning towards the double doors that lead to Hope's room.

Some of my patients were in the hallway, they waved excitedly at me with big smiles. I waved back going into Hope's room.

I left the door open, it's a habit. When I'm on the clock I usually leave it open unless I'm changing my patients bedpan if they have one or if they just like it closed.

"Hey Pooh, I'm sorry this happened to you. If I could switch places with you I would do it in a heartbeat." I said holding her hand sitting on her bed

Seeing her lay in this hospital bed is breaking my heart. Never in a million years would I have thought she'd be in a situation like this.

My first born, the light that shines through my darkness. She's who I fight for, without her I'm nothing. I have no purpose without her. She pushes me to be the better person I can be. My living and breathing angel.

"Wake up soon babygirl, I need you"

🥀•DAMAGED•🥀GOODS•🥀