DAMAGED GOODS| 34

Dave

Pressure on both sides of my face and a low voice in my ear woke me from my good ass dream.

Fluttering my eyes open I looked to my left and seen Aaliyah with her head turned towards me and her left hand resting on my right cheek.

"In a perfect word, you're understanding I'm not a perfect girl. I would drop my fears at the door, I would only bring myself and nothin' more" I stayed quiet staring at her as she continued singing and rubbing my face.

She stopped then opened her eyes. I quickly shut mines pretending to be asleep.

"I know you're awake Dave, you stopped snoring about three minutes ago" she giggles playing with my lips, slapping her hand away I opened my eyes.

"You've been singing a lot lately" I stated

"I'll stop if it bothers you, I'm sorry"

"You don't have to apologize, I wasn't complaining."

"Oh okay"

Pain came directly from my buddy in my pants.

Groaning I looked down, Hope pulled herself up resting her head on my shoulder.

"Get your daughter, she just kicked my dick" I grunted

"Oh so now she's my daughter?" Liyah raises a brow, moving Kairi off her chest laying her beside me.

"She was my daughter until she kicked me"

"Mm is that so" she said pulling Hope onto her then laying her beside Kairi. "My girls look so peaceful"

"Until they wake up" I mumbled mugging them

"No sir, fix your face. My babies are angels"

I just looked at them then her her repeatedly.

"Shittin me" I scoffed

Hope eyes opened but her pupils weren't visible.

"Babe look at Hope" I frowned sitting up.

Liyah glanced at her then leaped off the bed running into her closet. She came back out with a oversized shirt and shorts on.

"Get up put clothes on we gotta go" she rushed out sliding on her work shoes

I got out of bed confused but I followed her instructions. Hope started violently shaking with form oozing out her mouth.

"Shit!" Liyah shrikes panicking holding her head. I turned back to the bed about to pick up Hope but she stopped me. She got onto the bed and turned Hope on her side. " Your mom is still here so take Kai to her."

I nodded getting Kairi then speed walk to my moms room. She was already asleep so I just laid Kai beside her with pillows between them and on the edge of the bed.

Jogging back to Aaliyah's room. I stopped in doorway. She looked at me with tears rolling down her face on the phone holding Hope on her side.

"The ambulance are on their way. My keys are on the dresser, go to my car and get my purse please" She cried pointing to her dresser "Call Mike and let him know"

*
*
*
*

Aaliyah

Hope had four seizures before the paramedics came and three on the way to the hospital.

I sat beside her helpless, I couldn't do anything to help her.

I tried to go in the back with her but the nurses wouldn't let me. Being that I'm her mother I couldn't work on her case. I knew that but I couldn't help but try.