DAMAGED GOODS| 13

Two days later

Aaliyah

Two long days of not speaking to Dave. I tried my best to keep a smile on my face for Hope. Mike has been busy handling things at his trap so he hasn't been around.

Justin's been trying to hang out with me since the pool party but I kept turning him down. For what? I have no clue.

Today's Thursday so I'm back at the cupcake shop checking in on my workers.

"Ms. Aaliyah" Keke says standing in the threshold of my office

"Yeah?" I answered with my head down

"There's somebody up front asking for you"

Who the hell wants me now? I just sat down.

I got up walking out my office to the front. A young lady was there talking to Hope.

"Her" I asked pointing to the lady

"No ma'am" keke shaking her head, pointing to a older man standing by the entrance "him"

"Tell him I'm not here and bring Hope to my office now" I whispered running to my office

I tried calling Mike but he didn't answer. What the fuck! I tried calling everybody that's apart of his gang but nobody answered. Packing up my belongings I waited for Hope. Searching my desk for my gun I took it out and stuck it in my handbag.

Mike taught me how to shoot when I moved here. He said I might not be able to fight my way through everything so I needed to learn how to handle a gun.

Keke brought Hope with she had a horrible look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked putting noise canceling headphones on Hope's ears

"Aaliyah!" He yelled causing Keke to jump

"He won't leave" she mumbles as tears falls from her eyes "he made everybody leave, I already called the cops. I don't know what else to do"

"Take Hope out back and go to the park up the street" I said giving her my car keys "everything fine Keke there's no need to cry. If I don't make it to the park in ten minutes take Hope home with you and spam Princeton or Mike until they answer. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am"

"I love you Pooh" I pulling on one side of the headphones "your going to play with Keke for a while okay?"

"I love you too Mommy" she hugs me, nodding

I kissed her cheek pushing them out the back door before going back to my desk and putting another gun in my ankle holster.

As a owner of the shop I can't just leave with him in here.

Sending Mike a Purple Heart I locked my phone before taking a deep breath and walking to the front of the shop.

Purple Hearts meant either me or Hope were in danger. In this case it was me. As soon as I walked out I was hit with a chair knocking me out.

"Daddy always wins" I heard before hitting the cold floor

*
*
*
*

Dave

Two full days of me running back and forth to the studio. I haven't gotten a call from Aaliyah since she had the pool party.

"Aight y'all" I said getting into my car driving to my moms house

On the way there I got this feeling I couldn't describe. Pulling out my phone searching for Liyah's number. I couldn't find it.

Luckily I knew her number by heart. Typing in her number it popped up as blocked. When did I block her? Unblocking here number I got dozen of messages from her asking if I was mad at her and if I was what did she do.

I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail mail. I went on Instagram and she was blocked on there too.

"Man what the fuck?" I asked myself pulling up into my moms yard. I unblocked her on everything and tried to call her again but no answer. So I decided to call Mike.

"What?" He asks angrily

"You talked to Liyah? She ain't answering my calls"

"She tried calling yo bitch ass for two days straight! You ain't answer! Why the fuck you wanna talk to her now?" he seethes into the phone

"She was blocked. I don't even know how" I argued

"Well she can't answer know I got her phone and all of her other shit"

"Ayo Mike blood all over this shit" I heard from his background

"What's going on?" I asked concerned

"Mind yo business" he scoffs hanging up

*
*
*
*

Aaliyah

Waking up with a headache I looked around to see my left hand is chained to a wall.

"Shit" I groaned rubbing my head

I started praying for Hope. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to her. Keke is a good kid I know she'll take care of Hope until Prince or Mike gets her.

"Rise and shine pumpkin" my dad chirped

"What do you want Ralph?" I asked wiggle my fingers on my left hand. My hand was starting to turned purple.

"I missed you" he says rubbing my thighs

Kicking him in his face he pulled back his hand and punched me.

"Bitch" I mumbled spitting out blood

"Just like yo moma. You never learn to quit"

"So what? Your gonna kill me like you did her?" I asked

He chuckled walking away.

"She died in the best way" he nods closing the metal door locking it.

I sighed looking up at the ceiling. Why does the world hate me so much? All I ever wanted was to be loved. Is that too much to ask for?

"Who am I kidding? Damaged girls like me doesn't deserve love or happiness" I mumbled feeling tears fall down my face. I tried for hours to break the chain but I was simply not strong enough.

*
*
*

"Hey pumpkin! Let's play a little game" Ralph smiles unlocking the door coming in with a lighter and cigarette.

"Fuck off Ralph" I snarled "I don't have time for you and your games"

He laughed and lit the cigarette before putting it on my thighs. I looked at him with a blank face not giving him the satisfaction of seeing me being in pain.

"Oh so you wanna act big and bad?"

I stayed quiet which made him angry but I didn't care. He lit three more cigarettes and press them on my thigh. I continued to look at him with a blank face.

"I'll be back" he mumbles walking out the room locking the door

When your this damaged pain is just a word. My body was now numb. Humming one of the many songs my mom sang to me when I was a child I fell asleep.

🥀•DAMAGED•🥀GOODS•🥀