DAMAGED GOODS| 19

Aaliyah

The ride to Dave's mother house felt long as hell. We weren't on the nice part of the city anymore.

Passing by men in blue outfits with guns in their hands we ended up in front of a white house with a pit bull in the back yard.

I seen Dave's white bwm m8 in the drive way, he showed me pictures of if one time so I knew how it looked. Come to think of it, it's a two person car or am I trippin?

"Don't go anywhere I don't plan on staying here long" I told Cameron getting out the car with Hope.

Knocking on the door twice I took a step back not knowing what to expect. The dog in the back started growling as the door swung open.

The woman I seen when I was on FaceTime with Kairi was standing in front of me. This must be Dave's mom.

"What?" she braked tilting her head while shaking her leg

"Hi um can I speak to Dave?" I asked politely

"Who are you?" she was getting irritated even more

"Liyah his be-" I started but was cut off by her

"Hoe don't you dear say babymomma cause that child doesn't look like my damn son. How old are you? That child looks about four or five. You young kids nowadays can't keep ya damn legs closed. Get the fuck out of my damn face trifling trick" she yelled throwing a clear liquid all over my shirt and shoes

"Listen lady I was going to say best-" I started but was cut off once again but this time she slammed the door in my face.

Getting back in the car Cameron looked at me through the mirror and frowned.

"What's wrong?" he asked

"The bitch slammed the door in my face and she threw bleach on me! Look at my fucking shoes. She better be luck she's Dave's mom because if she wasn't her ass would've have been laid out on the damn ground waiting for life alert to pick her ass up" I mumbled taking out my phone and texting Dave.

Liyah😇😊 I'm outside your mom slammed the door in my face accusing me of being a hoe that can't her legs closed and trying to pin Hope on you.

He read my text then the front door came swinging open. I didn't feel like getting out the car again so I downed the window.

"I'm sorry Liy-" he tried apologizing but I cut him off

"Save it" I mumbled taking off my now damaged balenciaga's and gave it to him "you own me a new pair of shoes. She threw bleach on me"

He sighed taking the shoes and looking at them. Kairi came running towards the car putting her shoes on.

"I don't know why she would do that" he sighed again "she knew you were coming"

"Mommy Aaliyah" Kairi shouted climbing on Dave trying to get to be able to see me. He picked her up and she covered her nose. "Mommy you stink"

"Because of ya dumbass granny" I mumbled low to myself. "Yeah I know Kai"

"Sissy" she smiled climbing into the car hugging Hope

"Kairi" Hope eyes lit up as she hugged her

"Cameron take me back to the hotel please" I said tapping his shoulder

"Which hotel are you staying in?" Dave asked taking Kairi out the car

"Hampton Inn, in manhattan I think. shit don't know"

Hope hung her head out the window breathing hard. Cameron downed all the window making me groaned loudly. My smell is that strong?

"Dave backup"

He did and Kairi started crying trying to get in through the window again. Dave caught her before she could.

"I'll FaceTime you Kai okay?"

"Okay" she sighed laying her head on Dave's shoulder "see me tomorrow?"

"Yeah"

Dave's mom came out the house yelling calling me out my name and telling me that I should've kept my legs closed so I wouldn't have to pretend Hope's Dave's baby for money.

"Lord have mercy on my soul" I sighed getting irritated. I know how my anger can lead to me doing something crazy, I'm trying to get out of here before I snap this lady head off her body.

"Ma stop!" Dave yelled walking towards her

"You stop! Messing with these hoes now they coming to my house probably trying to suck money out of you and yo dumbass believing that's your child?" she yelled back

"Cameron drive bitch!" I yelled feeling my face heat up. Angry isn't the word to describe how I was feeling. He backed out the driveway and sped off down the road.

*
*
*

Since we got back to our hotel I've been trying to clean the bruises that's on my thigh from my father outing cigarettes on me. When Dave's mom threw bleach on me I hadn't realized it got in my cuts until it started burning badly on the way here.

Cameron and Hope kept asking me what's wrong but I couldn't answer them. The pain I was in made it impossible for me to form a sentence. All I could do was cry.

"Mommy?" Hope's soft voice echoed through the bathroom

"Hmm?" I hummed trying to fight back my tears

"Are you okay?"

"Yea-mmm" I slid the rag too hard over my skin causing it to sting and bleed a little. "Yes I'm fine"

But she didn't buy it, standing in front of me she wiped my tears taking the rag from me dapping it on my thigh lightly clean up the blood.

When she was done she went over to the tub and ran water on the rag since the sink was to high for her to reach.

"Thanks Pooh" I sniffed standing up the best I could

"Welcome Mommy" she smiled shutting off the water.

We laid in bed watch tv, well I tried watching tv but the pain I was in was distracting me. I called Cameron and asked him to get me pain relievers and cream.

Dave's been calling me nonstop since I left. I could barely get out simply sentences without wincing in pain so I just shared my location. He stopped calling and replied 'otw'.

"Aaliyah" I heard from the other side of the room door

"Hold up!" I yelled getting out the bed slowly. Looking down at my thigh it was stained red and the burns looked terrible.

Opening the door Cameron's eyes widen at the sight of my thigh.

"Stop staring" I whined taking the bag and walking back to the bed.

"You should get that checked" he said before waving at Hope and closing the door.

"Another scar for the precious damaged girl" I sighed looking over my burns

🥀•DAMAGED•🥀GOODS•🥀