DAMAGED GOODS| 27

Aaliyah

It's around 8:40 am and I'm wide awake what the fuck?

Dave was up though I don't know why. He was talking to someone in his background.

"Come here girl damn" he groans

"No, I brought what you asked now I'm leaving but if you still want me later don't be afraid to call me"

Holding my laugh I muted myself covering my camera going downstairs.

"Jinel.."

"Mm I like the way my name rolls off your tongue" she said trying to sound seductively

This is so cringe I'm weak. Dave adjusted himself on his couch as 'Jinel' got on her knees in front of him. Okay well I don't want to watch live porn, hanging up I went back to my room.

Pressing the button on my remote to my speaker, connecting it to my phone I played the first song that popped up in my library. Which so happens to be my mom's favorite song by Aretha Franklin 'A Natural Woman'.

I swayed my hips to the song singing along. Singing it with my whole chest tears rolled down my cheeks.

Images of my mom and I played throughout my head bringing back enjoy full memories we shared. My heart aches for that love I shared with her.

Sitting on the floor in front at the door of my bed I blew out breath I don't know I was holding.

"See this the shit Liyah do! Sing a nigga awake!" Mike yells putting his phone all in my face

"Oh shut the hell up" I sniffled chuckling

"Why you crying? You woke me up, I should be the one crying! Yo dusty ass always fucking with my beauty sleep!"

"Don't worry about it I'm good. And boy you ugly as shit, sleeping ain't help you!"

"Mhm yup that's what a hater would say" he says nodding

"Ain't nobody hating on you!" I laughs disconnecting my phone from the speaker and answering it when it rung. Going into the bathroom I sat on the tub wall looking in the mirror.

"Wassup Li—why you crying?" Dave asks

"Nothing serious what's up?" I shook my head smiling at him

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you"

"Mmh" I hum

"Why did you hang up on me?"

"I didn't want to watch live porn"

"Oh so what if I wanted to be a pornstar and this was just practice you not gonna support me? You gotta watch next time" he jokes

"What the fuck? Nigga are you crazy, some of them bitches got herp—you gon head"

"I'm just playing" he laughs

"Hmm your attitude is much better than yesterday's, Jinel got that power neck or something?" I asked confused "Changing yo attitude like that, it's the only way"

"Shut up" he smiles rolling his eye playfully

"I'm serious what changed?"

"Nothing changed Liyah"

"You're lying but I'll leave it alone. Are you going to hang out with Kairi today? Did you eat?"

"No" he mumbles looking behind him

"No? No what?" I asked confused

"I'm not getting Kai and I didn't eat"

"You full of shit you know that? I'll talk to you later" I mumble hanging up and FaceTiming Kairi from her iPad. I know she's up because she doesn't sleep past 7:30 am.