fourteen

jasmine
i wake up in the guest room, remembering what happened last night.

it's sunday, and i have zero motivation to get out of bed. sighing out loud, i decide to leave the room.

when i enter the living room, i see nate sitting on the couch shirtless. i catch his eye quickly.

"hi jasmine."

"hi." i respond, not letting myself go sit beside him, no matter how bad i want to.

"come sit. i want to talk about something." nate says, directing his eyes to the spot on the couch beside him.

i give in, and sit beside him waiting to hear what he wants to talk about. i'm assuming about what happened last night.

nate breathes in, before saying "if you quit your job, i'll quit smoking."

i instantly feel my jaw drop, feeling shocked and confused at what just came out of nate's mouth.

"are you kidding me? i love this job, i'm good at it and the money is amazing." i say back to nate.

"i love the drugs. i'm sorry. but i feel like it's fair. i can't stand the way jack looks at you, and you can't stand the way i act when i'm high." nate responds, the words coming out of his mouth smoothly.

"are you crazy?" i respond, now standing up.

"my well-paying job and your unhealthy habits are 2 different things. you let the drugs change who you are."

"i don't want you working with jack anymore, alright?" nate says, as if it's his choice.

"so you don't trust me?" i ask, now furious.

"i didn't say that."

"what's a relationship without trust, nate?" i say, now feeling like i'm going to breakdown.

"i don't know jasmine." nate answers coldly, like my words aren't even effecting him. "i love you. but i love the drugs too."

i let the tears fall. "i love you nate, but clearly we moved too fast. i don't know who you are."

i go into our bedroom, and gather any of my items i'll need in the next few days. i don't know where i'll be going or for how long, but nate and i need time away from eachother.

i tie up my big shirt so it isn't hanging down, and throw on some black sweatpants. it's sunday so i'm not worried about looking presentable.

 it's sunday so i'm not worried about looking presentable

i exit our bedroom, holding onto my bag. i most likely look like a mess, i can feel the tears on my cheeks.

nate stands up when he sees me. "where are you going?"

"i don't know. but i need space away from you. i was stupid to agree to moving in so fast, i guess." i answer, sniffling.

"jasmine i'm sorry. we're kind of different people. take the time you need, i'll be here. we'll make this work. i love you." nate says, hugging me. the safe feeling i use to gain from his touch is no longer there.

"i love you too." i respond, exiting the apartment.

-

jack
i wake up to the sound of knocks on my door.

vanessa left with her friends last night to go to a bachelorette party and stay in vegas for a few nights.

kelsie is out with the nanny, and she wouldn't knock. so i'm unsure who could be here.

i stay shirtless, but throw some joggers over my boxers. heading downstairs, i open the front door.

i see jasmine with a tear streaked face, and feel my eyes soften. automatically i wrap her into my arms, and bring her inside closing the door behind her.

"i'm sorry, i tried going to gabby's, nobody was home. i didn't know what else to do." jasmine says sniffling, wiping her eyes.

seeing her so upset over nate broke my heart, i knew i was right about nate and i knew he would go back to his old ways eventually.

"it's fine it's fine, come in and sit down. we can talk about it." i say, allowing myself to carefully wipe the tears from under her eyes.

jasmine follows me into the living room, her eyes gazing around my house. it is a lot of people's reactions, the first time they come here.

she sits on the couch beside me, and i toss her a blanket. yes, maybe this is "inappropriate" because i'm her boss and she's my assistant, but we're also friends. plus i care about her. maybe too much than i should.

there's been no feedback on my book lately :( feel free to comment
vote, comment, share.