nine

3 weeks later
jasmine
nate and i have been spending a lot of time together lately, i mean i basically live at his apartment. you know it's serious when you have a toothbrush there.

it's a scary thought, but i think i am slowly falling in love with him. it's like he is the one and only thing constantly on my mind.

i almost feel stupid, because i feel like we haven't known each other for a long amount of time. but i can't get enough of him. we are always together.

"jasmine.. jasmine!" i hear, taking me out of my deep thinking. i look up to see jack in my office, looking down at me as i'm sitting at my desk.

"sorry.. yes?" i respond nervously chewing on my pen. sometimes jack can be intimidating, and i don't want to be fired from being his assistant.

"first off, stop daydreaming about nate." jack says, rolling his eyes in a jealous way. "anyway, i'm going out for lunch so let's go."

"why do i need to come?" i snapped back at him, regaining my confidence.

"i'm trying to be nice here, so stop with the attitude, ms estelle." jack says, now crossing his arms impatiently.

i shrugged, and stood up from my spiny chair, grabbing my purse off of my desk.

-

jack and i arrived to the fast food restaurant residing on the first floor of the company's building. i was surprised that he'd even come here to eat, since he's always so rich and extra.

jack happened to be the leading man of their business, due to his father handing down the company to him. jack was the one that made the most money, was the most "important", and the only one that required an assistant.

we decided to sit at a table outside, with our two burgers, fries, and drinks. of course, jack wouldn't let me pay for mine.

"so, i also wanted to bring you here because i have something planned." jack says, finishing up his meal.

great. "and what might that be?" i ask, finishing up my last few fries.

"in a month or so, i'm taking everyone on a cruise." jack answers confidently.

i look at him confused. "everyone? what do you mean?"

"there's a business in mexico like ours, that are willing to make a business deal that could raise all our pays by maybe twenty percent, omaha industries would grow even bigger. their weed is good." jack explains, smirking.

did i forget to mention, omaha industries, named after their hometown, is the biggest marijuana business in the usa? since it's been made legal, jack's father started the business when he was young, then gave it to jack when he was old enough. jack moved here, to los angeles, to bring more attention to the business. they take this weed shit pretty seriously.

i let jack continue to explain. "i'll be bringing the other business men and our wives, kids, and of course, my lovely assistant that'll help me plan it." jack says, plastering a smile on his face.

"i mean yeah, i wouldn't mind going on a cruise and getting paid more. win win situation for me." i added with a smile.

"jasmine, you get paid $1000 per day now, imagine what it'll be after this cruise." jack says, making me look forward to this cruise even more.

i'm glad things have been kind of normal between jack and i after everything that went on between us awhile ago. there's no tension between us, or elephant in the room. things aren't awkward at all. we're just kind of good friends now. that's my side of our relationship, at least.

i suddenly feel a vibration coming from the table, and realize it's coming from my phone.

i pick it up and see:
nate💛🍯 is calling...

i bring my phone to my ear, and accidentally answer with "you're speaking to omaha industries, how may i help you?" earning a small chuckle from jack. i hit his arm.

"jas you okay?" nate asks sounding slightly concerned.

"yes, i'm just fine." i say, giving jack a dirty look. "just use to saying that same line all day."

i now stand up and walk away from the table, to get privacy while i'm on the phone.

"do you know what today is?" nate asks.

i thought about it, but had no idea what nate was referring to.

"what day is it?" i answer him, with another question.

"one month since the day i met you at the beach."

i think nate and i had two different sides about what exactly happened that day.. but i don't want to think about that.

"aw, it's sweet you remembered." i answered, genuinely smiling.

"i wanna do something fun with you tonight baby, okay? i'll pick you up after your work shift." nate says. it was like i could hear his excitement. he's adorable.

"okay boo, see you then." i say ending the call, biting my lip to hold in my excitement. i was so curious for what he had planned tonight.

i slide my phone into the back pocket of my jeans, and turn around to see jack had the table all cleaned up and was waiting with the door opened for me.

"time to get your sweet ass to your office and plan out this cruise." jack says smirking cockily to me.

i picked up my purse off the table, then gave him the finger while passing him as i walked out the door.

every time i refresh, this book has more views! i'm in awe, i couldn't ask for anything more because i love writing this book, and i love the feeling that others are enjoying it as much as i am. continue voting, commenting, and viewing. love you all💗
vote, comment, share.