Chapter 13

Ding! Inspiration!

Let's go!

p.s that was the best intro ever! xD

______________

Rainbowdash's POV~

My vision becomes clear. Morning. A nice and sunny morning. "I wonder how long I've been asleep for..." I thought.

Where's Applejack? Was the first thing that came into mind after that. I tried to get out of the plain hospital bed but a reminder of why I was in here in the first place, kept me from moving.

My wing still bucking hurt. Great. I crossed my hooves in a big huff, giving the hospital was not were I wanted to be. Staying grounded for a long time did weird things to me. I mean, take last time for example, I was reading!

The medicine the doctors gave me, made me have the weirdest dream. It was about Applejack and I... getting married? Pfft. Yeah right. If only I could be as half as awesome as she is... What am I saying? Why am I talking to myself? Why is Applejack always on my mind! "Arrrgghhh!" I yelled, frustratedly.

Although my scream wasn't suppost to mean much, it echoed somewhat emptily, down the halls.

I hate when she does that to me. She somehow fills a gap in my heart. The gap was put there by soarin, that asshole, when I fell in love with him.

I needed someone to fill that darkness inside, AppleJack fit my description perfectly. But who cares? I know she doesn't! She's probably kicking down apples from her appletrees with those strong, hind legs of hers. Woah. The doctors must have drugged me up good.

I facehoofed myself. "Ugh." As if in cue, the cowgirl walked in shyly, she was closely followed by a fashionable unicorn. 

"Howdy Sugar! Yah feel better?" She asked. I didn't get a chance to answer because Rarity plopped some flowers onto my bed. I examined them carefully. They were all different types and colours, although I couldn't name every single one.

"Good morning Rainbowdash. I wanted to check up on you." She smiled warmly.

"I assure you, I'm fine." Bad idea taking the tough girl act. As I tried to straighten my back to sit up, my wing moved from it's comfortable spot and started to ache.

I bit my lip hard. It didn't hurt as much as before but still killed. Applejack seemed to notice how tense I was. Without warning, she leaned over to hug me.

She was amazingly careful of wear she put her hooves. She smelled like, well, apples. It made me feel more comfortable and at home. Her long, blonde hair brushed against my cheek. Her warmth was to addictive and it made me feel less alone...Even though Rarity was standing right there.

All I wanted to do at that moment was tell her. Everything. Not miss out a single detail, I wanted to hold her tightly and never let go. Adrenaline pumped through me and she held her pose for a long time. So long I started to get worried.

I grabbed her by both sides and pulled her down to eyelevel. Her eyes were showing glee and were almost crying. I noticed a tinge of crimson on her cheeks and her smiled melted my heart.

She turned to Rarity and gave her a gesture of some sort. She left the room with a quick thud as she dropped something on the floor with her blue Aura.

Something was going on...